TheRandomWookie

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: January 2012

Budget Range:~$1000 before rebates & after shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important:Gaming, Autodesk, Video Editing, Web Surfing, Everyday Use

Parts Not Required:Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:newegg.com, I do NOT have a microcenter near me.

Parts Preferences:Intel i5-2500k, GTX 560 Ti or better

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: After about a year

Monitor Resolution:1920 x 1080

Additional Comments: I have selected some parts and would like some feedback. I also have a few questions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=25118028

Not included is an HDD obviously because of the flooding. I'm hopeing that the prices will go back done by the time I buy, so I actually need about a $940 build atm. I will get a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB if prices go back. I have included a 200mm blue LED that will go in the front, and the stock 120mm will go up top.
1. Is there anything not compatible?

2. Will the RAM get in the way of the Hyper 212+?

3. Is there anything I can shave off to save some money?

4. Will 750W be enough to power 2 GTX 560 Ti TF II in SLI in the future?

5. Is a modular power supply that important for air flow or will I use most of the cable on a non-modular?

6. I thought I heard rumors that the bulk Asus DVD burners are bad. Is this true?

7. Is the Haf 912 the best case for $60 or less? If not which one?

Emelth

Distinguished
You have a great build already, you cal also look at the Rosewill cases and see which everyone you like more I doubt they will get in the way of anything no matter what case you choose. 750W will be enough for SLI in the future, and PSU will do good.

g-unit1111

Titan
1. No.

2. Possibly no - if you're worried about that go with low profile Corsair Vengeance RAM.

3. Yeah - get rid of the case fan. Your chosen case has plenty already. You can always add more once you get the build up and running.

Also go with the EVGA GTX 560 - it's $209 instead of $249. And I've heard mixed reviews of the Twin FROZR - the EVGA is a much better bet.

4. Plenty - the 560 is a low power consuming card - a 750 will be plenty.

5. Doesn't really make that much of a difference - it's all in how you route your cables that will make the difference. Make sure you get a case that allows for that.

6. Probably mostly from me. :lol: I got one of them and after three burn attempts the drive nearly exploded on me and almost took my system with it. Lite On, Sony, LG, Samsung, anything else is a much better bet.

7. I have an HAF 912 and it is a very excellent choice. The only downside to the HAF is that it's a very tight fit for big video cards - if I need to install a drive or anything I have to take out the video card to reach the SATA cables.

candlelarbra5212

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
the 212 + doesn't get in the way, I have one ;)
750W will support 2 560Ti's (Im doing it soon)
@ g-unit ive had no problems with the twin forzer 2 its great for me, and did you mean the EVGA 560ti or just the 560?
modular is good but its not super important
I have the 692 but it doesn't make that much difference

steadywaters

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
I agree that it is still quite early to think of build. Anyhow, you've piece together a very solid/capable PC.

1. Mostly.

2. Possibly. The CPU cooler fan may block the first slot. Some people move the fan to the pull position.

2. Check out this Newegg combo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.761082

Corsair TX750 V2 + 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile = $170 after MIR. If you find don't mind selling 8GB for ~$40, you'll save a little cash (and this RAM won't mess with CPU cooler).

4.Yes.

5. With certain cases and builds, yes. Most likely won't use all the cables on a non-modular PSU.

6. Tons of review out there to check out.

7. HAF 912 is very nice for a budget case. Saying it's the best is being subjective.

TheRandomWookie

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011

LMAO!!! That's EXACTLY what I heard. It must have been you that I saw said it.