Mouse problem

Mouse floats all over screen and jumps away from where I want it making a
double click very difficult. I have heard of a virus 'slippery mouse'
sounds right, but dont know what to do. Can anyone help. Val
1 answer Last reply
More about mouse problem

    Valerie--

    1) Replace batteries.
    2) Clean bottom and mouse pad if it's optical; roller if it's not.
    Multi-colored patterned pads are better for the mouse to read than
    monochrome pads.
    3) Run adaware and spybot looking for malware--it can cause this behavior.
    4) Check the mouse driver; it could have deteriorated--you might correct
    this by updating the driver. Go to the run box and type in "devmgmt.msc"
    and check the mouse driver in the run box to see if it has a bang on it. Or
    Windows key+Pause Break Key>Hardware>Devices
    You may want to go to your manufacturer and install the latest driver or
    "mouseware."
    5) Run a viral scan.
    6) At Kelly's Tweaks Line (#103 Left)
    Enable Mouse Snap to Options/Function

    7)) This registry tweak can help the "snap-to" feature of the mouse to the
    default button of the active application window.

    8)) This registry tip can help you with a wandering mouse:
    http://www.mindconnection.com/library/cheaptricks/wanderingpointer.htm

    Also see:
    MSFT Pointing Devices FAQs (May Offer Tips)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com/support/hardware/intellimouse/faq/default.asp

    Virus Scanning:

    http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php
    http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp
    http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=stinger
    http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

    Spyware Cleaners:

    Cwshredder http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/cwshredder.zip
    Spybot Search and Destroy http://www.safer-networking.org
    Ad-aware http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner 1.12
    http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html
    Spywareblaster www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html
    HijackThis http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3155

    hth,

    Chad Harris

    "Valie Hill" <noone@microsoft.com.au> wrote in message

    Mouse floats all over screen and jumps away from where I want it making a
    double click very difficult. I have heard of a virus 'slippery mouse'
    sounds right, but dont know what to do. Can anyone help. Val

Configuration Mice Microsoft Customization Windows XP