Mouse floats all over screen and jumps away from where I want it making a
double click very difficult. I have heard of a virus 'slippery mouse'
sounds right, but dont know what to do. Can anyone help. Val

Valerie--

1) Replace batteries.
2) Clean bottom and mouse pad if it's optical; roller if it's not.
Multi-colored patterned pads are better for the mouse to read than
monochrome pads.
3) Run adaware and spybot looking for malware--it can cause this behavior.
4) Check the mouse driver; it could have deteriorated--you might correct
this by updating the driver. Go to the run box and type in "devmgmt.msc"
and check the mouse driver in the run box to see if it has a bang on it. Or
Windows key+Pause Break Key>Hardware>Devices
You may want to go to your manufacturer and install the latest driver or
"mouseware."
5) Run a viral scan.
6) At Kelly's Tweaks Line (#103 Left)
Enable Mouse Snap to Options/Function

7)) This registry tweak can help the "snap-to" feature of the mouse to the
default button of the active application window.

8)) This registry tip can help you with a wandering mouse:
http://www.mindconnection.com/library/cheaptricks/wanderingpointer.htm

Also see:
MSFT Pointing Devices FAQs (May Offer Tips)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com/support/hardware/intellimouse/faq/default.asp

Virus Scanning:

http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php
http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp