Closed Solved

Fx-4170 or Fx-6200 and which Mobo

Wait for Ivy bridge or get Fx-4170 or Fx-6200...and which mobo? i read the reviews on the Crosshair V 990Fx and a lot of bad reviews on the mobo on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-131-735&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4170 6200 mobo
  1. Wait for ivybridge.
  2. Yh either wait for ivybridge or if you cant wait that long then go for the i5 2500k
  3. Wait for Ivy Bridge. I bought an FX-6100 + Gigabyte 990FX combo. I love the motherboard, but the CPU is pretty pathetic. If you need something right away, pick up an i3-2120 and an ivybridge-ready motherboard.

On that note, if anyone is interested in purchasing a used FX-6100 CPU... :)
  4. Best answer
    khoaaa said:
    Wait for Ivy bridge or get Fx-4170 or Fx-6200...and which mobo? i read the reviews on the Crosshair V 990Fx and a lot of bad reviews on the mobo on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-131-735&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

I would agree with these other folks, really a core i5 is plenty for now and the foreseeable future. You could wait for ivy bridge, but you'll just have to pay higher prices for what I imagine would 5 -10 % performance improvement. I say Core i5 2500k/Z68 mobo and 8 gigs of ram. And enjoy your awesome machine.

I bought a crosshair I board and it was the worst $240 I've ever spent. And Asus customer support is horrible. I have a Gigabyte 990FX UD5 which I love and is quite stable.
  5. buzznut said:
    I would agree with these other folks, really a core i5 is plenty for now and the foreseeable future. You could wait for ivy bridge, but you'll just have to pay higher prices for what I imagine would 5 -10 % performance improvement. I say Core i5 2500k/Z68 mobo and 8 gigs of ram. And enjoy your awesome machine.

I bought a crosshair I board and it was the worst $240 I've ever spent. And Asus customer support is horrible. I have a Gigabyte 990FX UD5 which I love and is quite stable.

^+1
  6. Yea i can agree with claec, I love my 990FX board but the CPU just isnt what i was expecting. So i'll be going Intel next i think. unless AMD can actually kick some A on they're next CPU's. I will be spend the extra for a Intel chip. As for the Mobo ill either get Sabertooth or ROG.
  7. I was asking because the fx-4170 and fx-6200 is out soon i think because it is available on cyberpowerpc.com..so i figure it be on sale online after.

On the other hand if i get an i3 now just to have a processor, then replace it when they Ivy Bridge come out. The i3 would go into closet. waste $70.
  8. Get the i5 2500k which will be even compared to i7 ivybridges still very good and should be still very good for a good 4 years
  9. i3-2100 is a great choice.
  10. Best answer selected by khoaaa.
  11. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Reviews Product