Sign in with
Your question

Browsers from hell, hardware problem?

Last response: in Systems
November 12, 2011 6:50:39 AM

hi all,

Ive been suffering from this problem for more than a year so please bear with me and give me your best ideas.

The problem is basically browsers (all browsers) dont work as they supposed to. firefox has a long list of problems for me including freezing, frequent crashing, settings dont get saved, new bookmarks disappear after I open re-firefox, black flickering. and IE9 crashes every few seconds. for a guy who spends hours every day using browsers it can get too much.

At mozilla forums they told me it was my hardware causing the issue but couldnt say which hardware..., this is it:

i7 920 @2.6ghz
EX58-UD3R
6gb DDR3 ram
ATI 5670

so which part should I change? Im willing to change anything but cant afford to change everything...

also worth adding is when building the PC it was my very first time so I did things like installing and uninstalling the CPU a few times to get it right... I expect that might have messed with the MB somehow...
November 12, 2011 7:29:54 AM

Hey there,

What OS are you running, and when you did the install, did you install the Motherboard Chipset drivers, and Graphics drivers, the latest? i personally dont use the OS drivers that get pre-installed, i still download and install from the Manufacturers website to make sure it is the latest. You shouldnt have to install CPU drivers, that is not necessary. too me it sounds like the OS is running a bit buggy due to the drivers itself. Your hardware is fine. If anything and push comes to shove, then i would suggest trying to format and reload. Backup everything.
November 12, 2011 8:18:33 AM

CoffeeDrinker said:
Hey there,

What OS are you running, and when you did the install, did you install the Motherboard Chipset drivers, and Graphics drivers, the latest? i personally dont use the OS drivers that get pre-installed, i still download and install from the Manufacturers website to make sure it is the latest. You shouldnt have to install CPU drivers, that is not necessary. too me it sounds like the OS is running a bit buggy due to the drivers itself. Your hardware is fine. If anything and push comes to shove, then i would suggest trying to format and reload. Backup everything.

hi,

The OS is Windows7 64bit, I forgot to say that updating the browsers, doing a new windows install and even installing on a new hard disk didnt solve the problem.

The MB driver is the one that came with it, I updated the graphics card some time ago, but its not the latest.
Related resources
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
November 12, 2011 8:58:38 AM

Your problem cant be hardware

so theres something about the way you have set up software .My first guess would be one of the add ons or themes . Possibly Java or even Direct X

Also try installing and using Chrome and see if the problem persists .
a c 91 B Homebuilt system
November 12, 2011 7:59:05 PM

It's definitely a software problem. Nothing wrong with your hardware. I'm betting its' a registry error or two since my laptop was doing the same thing when I got my new hard drive for it.

I know it's a pain but you should reformat your hard drive and reinstall Windows. Be sure to backup your data first.
November 18, 2011 12:39:07 PM

hatemf90 said:
hi,

The OS is Windows7 64bit, I forgot to say that updating the browsers, doing a new windows install and even installing on a new hard disk didnt solve the problem.

The MB driver is the one that came with it, I updated the graphics card some time ago, but its not the latest.

I Would say try and download the latest motherboard drivers from the Mnufacturers website, and making sure that it is the 64 bit drivers! And ontop of that, i have to ask because it sounds to buggy, is your Windows 7 Original? If so, then there is a posibility that the Original disc might be at a fault when doing an install. If you have a friend that has an Original O/s same as you, see if you can borrow that disc but using your own license key to install. And see where that goes. If you have a cracked version, then that is where the problem is, and then you will have to by an Original.
!