Sign in with
Your question

ATI Catalyst Install Manager Promlems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 14, 2011 3:24:34 PM

Hello,

having been able to get my graphics card in, I cant seem to get Catalyst to install. I get as far as the page where you select the install/uninstall then I click install but then Catalyst crashs. Windows 7 says "CATALYST Install Manager has stopped working".

I am running:

Windows 7 64bt
Intel i5 2500 quad

the card is a XFX Radeon HD 6450.
a b $ Windows 7
September 14, 2011 3:36:08 PM

badwolfdaleks said:
Hello,

having been able to get my graphics card in, I cant seem to get Catalyst to install. I get as far as the page where you select the install/uninstall then I click install but then Catalyst crashs. Windows 7 says "CATALYST Install Manager has stopped working".

I am running:

Windows 7 64bt
Intel i5 2500 quad

the card is a XFX Radeon HD 6450.

Now you know why I don't use ATI/AMD GPUs.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
September 14, 2011 4:26:11 PM

Typical fanboy response. I've been running AMD cards for 6yrs now, never had a single issue with a driver except 11.7 which caused me to idle too high.

I've seen plenty of Nvidia drivers that caused cards to overheat and fail though. 2 in the last year alone. Not to mention they cost more and use more power than comparable AMD cards which are much more efficient.

What video card did you replace? Did you remove those drivers first?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 14, 2011 5:07:34 PM

geekapproved said:
Typical fanboy response. I've been running AMD cards for 6yrs now, never had a single issue with a driver except 11.7 which caused me to idle too high.

I've seen plenty of Nvidia drivers that caused cards to overheat and fail though. 2 in the last year alone. Not to mention they cost more and use more power than comparable AMD cards which are much more efficient.

What video card did you replace? Did you remove those drivers first?

I'm very glad you haven't had problems for the past 6 years. I've tried to use ATI cards numerous times over the past 20 years and always found their drivers buggy as recently as last year. You are correct that Nvidia has occasional driver issues as does everybody else, however with ATI their problems are the rule rather than the exception. The fact that you don't know that yet only means you have something to look forward to.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
September 14, 2011 9:51:18 PM

Yeah, sorry you were unable to properly install your AMD drivers. Next time come here for help and someone can help you figure out what your problem is.
m
l
!