GT4 new player

How do I create a new player in GT4? Don't want the kids to spend each
other's credits :)

Sorry, Only one to a memory card.

Joeboy wrote:

> How do I create a new player in GT4? Don't want the kids to spend each
> other's credits :)

buy some new memory cards :O) If you shop around there are some
reasonable deals
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look

Jay J wrote:

> Just another reason to be angry about the piss poor job they did with GT4
> :-(
>
> The only plus points to this game are slightly improved graphics and
> possibly car physics (although that is questionable) and the ability to race
> at the the full 14 mile Nurburgring .
>
> From proprietary steering wheel support, to the shaky screen bug, to no
> multi-player after touting it for 2 years, to car setup/changes that don't
> have any effect (until you buy the full racing items) to no transfer of cars
> from GT3 (as well as only 2 licenses and 100000 credits) to this... Only one
> player per card, and the fact the game will ONLY detect the card if it's in
> slot 1.

well, I'm enjoying a lot of it, but that's not what I'm here to
discuss. How do you transfer the licenses? I have an old GT3 save and
when I transfer data from it all I get is the cash

--

In article <42405FA1.1F0AE43@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>well, I'm enjoying a lot of it, but that's not what I'm here to
>discuss. How do you transfer the licenses? I have an old GT3 save and
>when I transfer data from it all I get is the cash

IIRC, it's an option that you see when you set up the game for the first
time (you need for your memory card to also have the GT3 save when it's
setting up). You can only transfer the A and B licenses, I think.
==========
Steve Liu
"I know I should not eat thee... Mmm, sacrilicious..." - Homer Simpson

Steve Liu wrote:

> In article <42405FA1.1F0AE43@blueyonder.co.uk>,
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> >well, I'm enjoying a lot of it, but that's not what I'm here to
> >discuss. How do you transfer the licenses? I have an old GT3 save and
> >when I transfer data from it all I get is the cash
> >
> IIRC, it's an option that you see when you set up the game for the first
> time (you need for your memory card to also have the GT3 save when it's
> setting up). You can only transfer the A and B licenses, I think.
> ==========
> Steve Liu
> "I know I should not eat thee... Mmm, sacrilicious..." - Homer Simpson

Ah, so I probably should have had both cards in the drive, or even
both games on the one card?
--

"Tommi Salmenhaara" <tomsalota_poijes@dnainternet.netylimaaraiset> wrote in
message news:d1rirv$gvg$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se...

> You can turn that auto save off! It was in some menu, maybe it was
> in options or somewhere.
>
> -TommiS

No you can't.
You can change the setting to "Restricted" but it will still auto save
everytime you get into a new car.

In article <42409D91.F041434B@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>Steve Liu wrote:
>>
>> >well, I'm enjoying a lot of it, but that's not what I'm here to
>> >discuss. How do you transfer the licenses? I have an old GT3 save and
>> >when I transfer data from it all I get is the cash
>> >
>> IIRC, it's an option that you see when you set up the game for the first
>> time (you need for your memory card to also have the GT3 save when it's
>> setting up). You can only transfer the A and B licenses, I think.
>
>Ah, so I probably should have had both cards in the drive, or even
>both games on the one card?

I had the GT3 save on the memory card I was going to use for GT4. I
usually do this anytime I buy a sequel. I even keep publishers together
just in case of a "Psycho Mantis" situation.
==========

Steve Liu wrote:

> In article <42409D91.F041434B@blueyonder.co.uk>,
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> >> IIRC, it's an option that you see when you set up the game for the first
> >> time (you need for your memory card to also have the GT3 save when it's
> >> setting up). You can only transfer the A and B licenses, I think.
> >
> >Ah, so I probably should have had both cards in the drive, or even
> >both games on the one card?
>
> I had the GT3 save on the memory card I was going to use for GT4. I
> usually do this anytime I buy a sequel. I even keep publishers together
> just in case of a "Psycho Mantis" situation.
> ==========
> Steve Liu
> "I know I should not eat thee... Mmm, sacrilicious..." - Homer Simpson

:O) I had just been reshuffling as I only had one card and my wife
got a save error on one of her games so I thought it was getting too
full, bought two more cards and split some games between them
--

Rengaw wrote:
> No online support.

I enjoy play GT4 online thru xlink kai from http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

JS

"Zimmy" <zimmy@msn.com> wrote in message
> "Tommi Salmenhaara" <tomsalota_poijes@dnainternet.netylimaaraiset> wrote
in
> message news:d1rirv$gvg$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se...
> >
> > You can turn that auto save off! It was in some menu, maybe it was
> > in options or somewhere.
> >
> > -TommiS
>

> No you can't.
> You can change the setting to "Restricted" but it will still auto save
> everytime you get into a new car.

Hmm, strange. At least in my euro version of GT4 it is possible.
I haven't seen taht restricted setting at all...

-TommiS

Tommi Salmenhaara wrote:

> "Zimmy" <zimmy@msn.com> wrote in message
> > "Tommi Salmenhaara" <tomsalota_poijes@dnainternet.netylimaaraiset> wrote
> in
> > message news:d1rirv$gvg$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se...
> > >
> > > You can turn that auto save off! It was in some menu, maybe it was
> > > in options or somewhere.
> > >
> > > -TommiS
> >

> > No you can't.
> > You can change the setting to "Restricted" but it will still auto save
> > everytime you get into a new car.
> >
> Hmm, strange. At least in my euro version of GT4 it is possible.
> I haven't seen taht restricted setting at all...
>
> -TommiS

I have three games going. My son and I have autosave on, but on the
grandkids version I switched it off so there would be no accidental
corruption with them switching off the game while it saves. It's
certainly off completely and we're in the UK

I also noticed while looking for something about the game that on one
early report on the full game they mentioned that until you win
particular licenses the cars you 'buy' are not yours but only rental.
I thought it was a gag but it was a genuine review.
--

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
Jay J wrote:

> Just another reason to be angry about the piss poor job they did with GT4
> :-(
>
> The only plus points to this game are slightly improved graphics and
> possibly car physics (although that is questionable) and the ability to
race
> at the the full 14 mile Nurburgring .
>
> From proprietary steering wheel support, to the shaky screen bug, to no
> multi-player after touting it for 2 years, to car setup/changes that don't
> have any effect (until you buy the full racing items) to no transfer of
cars
> from GT3 (as well as only 2 licenses and 100000 credits) to this... Only
one
> player per card, and the fact the game will ONLY detect the card if it's
in
> slot 1.

well, I'm enjoying a lot of it, but that's not what I'm here to
discuss. How do you transfer the licenses? I have an old GT3 save and
when I transfer data from it all I get is the cash

The licences come from Prologue I think...

Regards,
Andy