Bluetooth: Motorola MPx220 or V551?

Last response: in Technologies
Share
February 14, 2005 11:55:24 AM

I successfully associated my MPx220 with the '05 Prius Hands Free system.
But now my MPx220 died. I must decide quickly whether to trade it for a new
one--I've had it only three weeks--or trade it for a Motorola V551 and a
refund. Please give me your comments about either or both phones. You'll
help me decide. I would appreciate it if you would copy my email address as
well as a posting here. Many thanks.

Harlan
---
[If you reply to my email address, please delete the word REMOVE from the
address.]
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 4:40:39 PM

Harlen,

I have the V551 and a colleague has the MPx220. We get the same signal
strength in our office building so I'm assuming RF quality is similar. I
don't have the Prius but have an Acura TL and the V551 works very good with
the exception of not displaying the battery power. I was going to suggest
going to Priuschat.com for some answers but I see you posted there already.
Hopefully between one of these places you will get a better hands-on
response.

Brian.

"HH" <hhhagueREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I successfully associated my MPx220 with the '05 Prius Hands Free system.
> But now my MPx220 died. I must decide quickly whether to trade it for a
new
> one--I've had it only three weeks--or trade it for a Motorola V551 and a
> refund. Please give me your comments about either or both phones. You'll
> help me decide. I would appreciate it if you would copy my email address
as
> well as a posting here. Many thanks.
>
> Harlan
> ---
> [If you reply to my email address, please delete the word REMOVE from the
> address.]

February 15, 2005 12:29:02 PM

Brian,
I charged the "dead" MPx220 overnight with no result. I charged it again
last night, and this morning it is working. I must decide within a few days
whether to exchange it for a V551. How does your friend like his MPx220? I'm
hearing a bad report from at least one MPx220 owner who went through 3
before switching to the V551. Have you or your friend heard about the
experience of any others who own the MPx220?

Harlan
---

!