Bluetooth: Motorola MPx220 or V551?

I successfully associated my MPx220 with the '05 Prius Hands Free system.
But now my MPx220 died. I must decide quickly whether to trade it for a new
one--I've had it only three weeks--or trade it for a Motorola V551 and a
refund. Please give me your comments about either or both phones. You'll
help me decide. I would appreciate it if you would copy my email address as
well as a posting here. Many thanks.

Harlan
---
[If you reply to my email address, please delete the word REMOVE from the
address.]
2 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth motorola mpx220 v551

    Harlen,

    I have the V551 and a colleague has the MPx220. We get the same signal
    strength in our office building so I'm assuming RF quality is similar. I
    don't have the Prius but have an Acura TL and the V551 works very good with
    the exception of not displaying the battery power. I was going to suggest
    going to Priuschat.com for some answers but I see you posted there already.
    Hopefully between one of these places you will get a better hands-on
    response.

    Brian.

    "HH" <hhhagueREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I successfully associated my MPx220 with the '05 Prius Hands Free system.
    > But now my MPx220 died. I must decide quickly whether to trade it for a
    new
    > one--I've had it only three weeks--or trade it for a Motorola V551 and a
    > refund. Please give me your comments about either or both phones. You'll
    > help me decide. I would appreciate it if you would copy my email address
    as
    > well as a posting here. Many thanks.
    >
    > Harlan
    > ---
    > [If you reply to my email address, please delete the word REMOVE from the
    > address.]

    Brian,
    I charged the "dead" MPx220 overnight with no result. I charged it again
    last night, and this morning it is working. I must decide within a few days
    whether to exchange it for a V551. How does your friend like his MPx220? I'm
    hearing a bad report from at least one MPx220 owner who went through 3
    before switching to the V551. Have you or your friend heard about the
    experience of any others who own the MPx220?

    Harlan
    ---

    "John Doe" <billy@bob.com> wrote in message
    | Harlen,
    |
    | I have the V551 and a colleague has the MPx220. We get the same signal
    | strength in our office building so I'm assuming RF quality is similar. I
    | don't have the Prius but have an Acura TL and the V551 works very good
    with
    | the exception of not displaying the battery power. I was going to suggest
    | going to Priuschat.com for some answers but I see you posted there
    already.
    | Hopefully between one of these places you will get a better hands-on
    | response.
    |
    | Brian.
    |

    | "HH" <hhhagueREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    | > I successfully associated my MPx220 with the '05 Prius Hands Free
    system.
    | > But now my MPx220 died. I must decide quickly whether to trade it for a
    | new
    | > one--I've had it only three weeks--or trade it for a Motorola V551 and a
    | > refund. Please give me your comments about either or both phones. You'll
    | > help me decide. I would appreciate it if you would copy my email address
    | as
    | > well as a posting here. Many thanks.
    | >
    | > Harlan
    | > ---
    | > [If you reply to my email address, please delete the word REMOVE from
    the
    | > address.]

Bluetooth Motorola Email