Sign in with
Your question

Black screen after returning to game

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 14, 2011 9:53:00 PM

Hi!
I have a strange problem. After minimizing game (happens with almost every game) to check something, my screen goes black upon returning to the game...i have no idea why. Sound is still playing, but it's like the monitor (or plasma TV) doesn't even exist. I cant shift-ctrl-del it and i just need to restart my computer. It doesn't happen during the game, but only after maximizing. Pls Help!

Intel Core Extreme CPU X9650 3GHz
4 GB ram
ATI radeon 5770HD

P.S. The problem started after i changed cooler on the graphic card, but the temperature is low, even after playing on highest details...
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2011 10:13:04 PM

Play in windowed mode?
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2011 10:17:20 PM

This is a standard problem, it has to do with the software. reinstall the GPU drivers and you should be fine.
Related resources
September 14, 2011 11:14:22 PM

Ok, i'll try. Thanks
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2011 11:15:25 PM

^+1, probably just driver issues. Doubt it's related to your cooler. If anything, use MSI Afterburner to monitor your card temps and fan speed. If necessary, force whatever settings you need.
September 14, 2011 11:46:40 PM

Yey! It works fine...i still can't believe though, because i installed the whole system one week ago. Thanks for the help.
a b U Graphics card
September 15, 2011 2:19:49 AM

Hey, np! It's what we're here for ;) 
October 24, 2011 5:38:55 PM

OMG it's back! Now the graphic is dying, i'm sure of that. After few glitches movie i'm watching or game i'm playing just freezes and after few seconds those nasty stripes appears. Artifacts right? I am going to some repairshop, but i am almost sure it is done:( 
Or is it? ;(
!