Realtek Control Panel

CryptorX

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Hi there...

Like many of you (i guess) i am using an onboard soundcard and at least judging by the huge amount of motherboards i have own in the past and seen i'd say that if you are also using a onboard sound card than you are probably using a realtek like me so that means you can probably help me... let me explain...

I own two sets of speakers wich are 2.1 (Logitech Z-2300), until recently i had each on different pcs but i sold one and now i am trying to use the two sets on the same pc but i can't use them both as front speakers because as you all know there is only a green plug and if we plug one set on the back panel and the other on the front panel only the ones on the front panel will work wich is perfectly normal.

Now the thing is that i remember changing the input\output type manualy of each connector in the past using the realtek control panel by double cliking it or right clicking (i can't exactly remember) on the plug color i wanted, for instance, i could plug a mic on the green connector and then set it on the control panel as "mic in", i also remember that there was a option that allowed me to select the I\O type when i pluged in any jack on the back panel, i only don't know why am i not being able to do it right now, the control panel is pretty much the same but the drivers are probably different and that means the control panel is probably also a different version so if anyone is using a realtek onboard sound card and feels like helping me than please, just check if you can manualy set the type of input\output on your control panel or if you have any option to enable that possibility, if you have than just tell me wich is your drivers version.

It may sound silly since even if you can you are probably using a different realtek since there are dozens of different ones but realtek's drivers supports almost all of their sound cards... for example the version 2.53 supports ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC892(mine!), ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC260, ALC262,ALC267, ALC268, ALC269, ALC270, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887,ALC670, ALC275, ALC680.

So... like i said, if you can manualy set the type of input\output of each plug using your realtek control panel, than please, tell me your driver version, i could also buy one of those T shaped adaptors that allow us to plug two jacks on the same connector for only one € or so but today is sunday and everything is closed and if i can solve this with a few clicks instead of having to go to a store than all the better.

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english...