6950 2 GB ON 500W PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucifer_9mm

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Hi everyone, I recently bought a 6950 2gb dirt 3 edition, I have a 500w psu with four 12v rails having 18 amps each. Now I know generally card manufacturers overstate the power supply requirements but I dont want to take any chances. What I want to know is whether my psu would be able to take up the load for this card. Please notice again, it has four 12v rails with 18 amps each. My configuration is: phenom ii x4 965, 4gb corsair 1600mhz, 1 wdc green and 1 seagate barracuda 7200 hdd, 1 dvd-rw and asus mobo.

Please help me out by giving in your suggestions. Thanks to all.

Thought you were satisfied ? Quote from your other thread ; Finally I'm content, thanks to you brother, you really helped me make the right decision...CHEERS!! Euh . . . ???
And they were right, if it really is a good PSU it will be enough. Is it 80+certified ? This is important because the psu will run close to it's max and than it's important it still gives a stable output, only 80+ certified is able to do that.

lucifer_9mm

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Yeah I had posted a similar thread earlier but just couldn't get any peace of mind, I keep reading about the psu requirements and get confused, its just that my 6950 is not giving me the desired performance so I suspected the PSU might be a bottleneck. So it is 80+ and should be able to handle 6950. Thanks for your input man! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.