Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8Z77-V LK Bad Sound Card

Last response: in Motherboards
December 16, 2012 10:56:32 PM

Hello,
I recently bought the said board and hooked up speakers, i get nothing but loud static while the computer is on. It's like the sound card is grounded to my case some how. It picks up what sounds like fan noise honestly along with static. Anyone had this issue or know anything about what to do. new sound card and rma are last resorts. Thanks
a c 116 Ĉ ASUS
a c 462 V Motherboard
December 16, 2012 11:36:20 PM

blackbird921 said:
Hello,
I recently bought the said board and hooked up speakers, i get nothing but loud static while the computer is on. It's like the sound card is grounded to my case some how. It picks up what sounds like fan noise honestly along with static. Anyone had this issue or know anything about what to do. new sound card and rma are last resorts. Thanks

make sure your using the green speaker out put and the newest soundcard driver. check that there no wires lapting over the mb or cd-rom audio wires. check that you uses all the standoffs and right screws. the standoffs should not have any spacers or rubber pads installed. the standoffs are part of the mb grounding. check the i/o chield make sure none of the tabs are shorting out.
m
l
!