Sign in with
Your question

Is my AMD Phenom II X6 1055T broken?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 12, 2012 3:43:02 PM

Hey,
I've been having this issue for a while, I even posted something a while back, thinking the problem was caused by my graphics card. I'm getting weird FPS drops in most games. BF3 is unplayable like this, it stutters like crazy. The FPS in MW3, GTA IV, or Crysis 2 just drops to a unplayable/crappy state. Turns out it wasn't the graphics card. I bought a new one and it didn't help me at all. Now I'm wondering if my CPU is broken or my motherboard. I've switched my CPU to a AMD Athlon II X2 215 and the FPS drops were gone, it's just overall bad performance. I'm just wondering if the MB doesn't like the CPU, or the other way around. I'm using the newest BIOS revision for my MB, wich is an ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2. I checked the ASUS website for CPU compatibility. The 125W version of my AMD Phenom II X6 1055T is officially supported.

Here's my specs.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 125W
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6850 (Newest Drivers)
Mobo: ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 (BIOS Revision 0902)
PSU: Corsair CX500
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I hope you can help me.
-Inter
a b à CPUs
February 12, 2012 3:45:56 PM

have you overclocked? if so just go back to the stock frequency's or give the cpu more volts,
try deactivating the last 2 cores, see if that helps
February 12, 2012 3:53:27 PM

nna2 said:
have you overclocked? if so just go back to the stock frequency's or give the cpu more volts,
try deactivating the last 2 cores, see if that helps

Nope, haven't overclocked and I just turned off the last two cores. Ill check if that helped in a few minutes.
Related resources
February 12, 2012 5:23:04 PM

Okay, I'm not getting FPS drops anymore, but I'm still getting weird stuttering in BF3. Dunno if that's CPU related or not.
February 12, 2012 5:41:25 PM

Actually I didn't wanna say I'm not getting any FPS drops at all, just not in BF3. Now it's just weird stuttering.
a b à CPUs
February 12, 2012 7:35:34 PM

its a long shot but try disabling AMD Cool n' quiet in your bios
February 12, 2012 7:42:15 PM

It's always turned off. Anyways, deactivating the last two cores fixed my FPS drop problem! Thanks! :D 

The only problem now is BF3 suttering like mad now, but I guess thats something diffrent this time.
!