Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard wont post anymore

Last response: in Motherboards
December 17, 2012 7:02:35 AM

I recently built my first gaming rig and had several problem at first. I got those problems straightened out and now am experiencing a whole new problem. So I am currently in school and just got out for winter break. I drove down to vegas for the break and brought my computer so that I could have something to do. Before I left for vegas, my computer worked perfectly with no problems. When I got the computer down to vegas I plugged it in, and the device boot LED and the memok light came on. It would not post. I pushed the memok button to try and solve the issue, with no luck. The bios has been flashed with the latest bios version, so I am pretty sure that is not the issue. I have no idea what is going on but I would greatly appreciate any help with this issue.

Asus Sabertooth 990fx
AMD fx4170
Corsair Vengeance 8GB mem
2 x Nvidia gtx 550 ti's
a c 559 V Motherboard
December 17, 2012 7:55:23 AM

Hi, It's not a good idea to transport the desktop with the CPU heatsink installed.
Verifiy all cable connections, reinstall the RAM modules and the graphics card. If still the same, try reinstalling the CPU and the CPU heatsink also.
m
l
December 18, 2012 7:41:43 AM

Okay so I tried the things that you told me to do, with no luck. Is there anything else that I could do to get this thing running again.
m
l
Related resources
a c 559 V Motherboard
December 18, 2012 7:46:41 AM

With only CPU and CPU fan installed is the CPU fan spinning when starting the board?
Can you attach a case speaker to the motherboard?
m
l
December 19, 2012 12:22:46 AM

alexoiu said:
With only CPU and CPU fan installed is the CPU fan spinning when starting the board?
Can you attach a case speaker to the motherboard?

Yeah the cpu fans are spinning, and there is no connection to the motherboard for a case speaker. I currently have the Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooler, and I have heard that sometimes a bad seat will cause this sort of problem. Is that true?
m
l
a c 559 V Motherboard
December 19, 2012 4:05:31 AM

It could be, but you said you reinstalled the CPU and the cooler.
m
l
December 19, 2012 5:06:52 AM

Yeah I did. I have no idea what the issue is. I might just have to RMA the board and/or the CPU to see if there is a problem, because it worked perfectly before I left town.
m
l
!