Extreme heat froblem GTX560ti twin Frozr SLI

citizensoldier

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
I just made this gaming rig recently and it worked completely fine for the first month but recently when I play games my GPU temps get up from 70-100C! That's ridiculously hot! Thing is I never have any performance problems other than the game crashing sometimes. The framerate stays high for all the games I play on max settings but my cards are extremely hot. I just ran a Furmark test and my Top card ran at a 95c and sort of plateaued and the bottom card got to about 75c. What is wrong with my cards? I have newest drivers and set my fan speeds to 100% still gets to 80-90. These cards are supposed to run super cool. They idle at about 30-40 which is reasonable but as soon as they are stressed they shoot up. Thank you for any help.

forget furmark, it stresses the cards beyond what any game will. The heat is probably more due to lack of airflow in your case. Do you have any exhaust fans? how many? what case do you have? maybe you need a better flowing case. Also, is there any space between the two cards? like a pci slot width of space, they really need at least one slot width between the bottom of the heatsink/fan and the card underneath.

citizensoldier

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
I have a HAF 932 Advanced by Cooler Master it has 3 120mm fans and an 80mm fan. The graphics cards are a bit close but how am I supposed to fix that? they are as far apart as they can be without anything in between them.