Sign in with
Your question

MSI Z7&A-G43 Display Issues

December 17, 2012 12:28:54 PM

Hello all,

I have recently purchased an MSI Z77A-G43 motherborad and am having some trouble getting it to display consistanly on my HDTV. The strange things is that this display issue only occurs when the computer has been shut down completely. This problem also only happends with DVI and HDMI ports, it works fine with VGA (but im not able to get the resolution i want). It also sometimes does work with the DVI and HDMI ports just not consistantly. I have tried pretty much everything and am at a complete loss. I should also mention that when i get it to boot up with the VGA port plugged in and then plug in the HDMI or DVI port it will sometimes work, and continue to work if the computer is only restarted (as opposed to shut down fully). As soon as I shut down and unplug the VGA port (while leaving either the DVI or HDMI port plugged in) the display will not show anything. Another strange thing is that if i reset the BIOS and have the DVI or HDMI port plugged in it will work perfectly fine but only once. After being fully shut down it will not show a display when booted back up unless I use the VGA port.

I know for certain that it is booting up because i can hear the windows boot up sound.

The rest of the PC specs are as follows:
CPU: Interl i5 3570
Memory: 8 gigs (4X2gb) kingston Hyper X 1600mhz DDR3
PSU: 600W Ultra
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43
HDD: 180 gig intel 520SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD
Other things:generic sony CD drive
*im not running a dedicated video card beacuse it will only be a media computer and onboard would be just fine.

So if you have taken the time to read this far any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!!

More about : msi g43 display issues

!