Need Serious Help with Graphics Issue

compacted

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Hi Peeps,

I recently purchased a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 motherboard and 8gb of Corsair XMS3 RAM. I am running a RAID 0 setup on a windows 7 64bit operating system and a MSI R6970-2PM2D2GD5 graphics card.

When i first started playing Call Of Duty Black Ops i noticed that the graphics was seriously jittery and would sometimes freeze for a few seconds. I wasnt sure what the issue was as my graphics was flawless on my previous Mobo and RAM setup.

I downloaded 3DMark11 to run some benchmarking tests and i recieved an average of 8 FPS which is just impossible.

In the summation report, 3DMark11 said that it could only recognise the following:

Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD 6970
Vendor
Advanced Micro Devices Inc.
# of cards
SLI / CrossFire
Off
Memory
1 MB
Core clock
0 MHz
Memory clock
0 MHz
Driver name
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Driver version
Driver status
Not FM Approved

As you can see, it didnt recognise the memory nor the clock speed of the graphics card.

Can you please help me? i am not sure if this is a VGA card issue or a Motherboard issue, i have posed the same question to MSI and Gigabyte.

I have already tried to uninstall the graphics driver and reinstall the original driver and i had the same result.

compacted

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Thanks so much for the response, I have installed all the drivers and I flashed the BIOS to the latest version available, this actually stuffed my RAID 0 Configuration and i had to rebuild it. luckily it worked and i didnt loose all my information. Running a benchmark in 3DMARK11 was just an attempt at trying to workout why my Games where so jittery so the benchmarking tool that i use wont really make a difference. The fact of the matter is that my in-game graphics is not performing as it did with a much lesser Mobo and RAM.