Tags:
  • Asus
  • Performance
  • ASrock
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
December 17, 2012 3:03:06 PM

Hey guys,

I am planning to buy i3 2120 and a cheap:)  motherboard, but confused between below 4 boards:
ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP, ASUS P8B75-V, ASUS P8B75-M LX and Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H. Please suggest which one is better.

I am a occasional gamer, but love to play latest games. Also use the system for videos, songs and other occasional multimedia stuff. In future I am planning to add one good Graphics card and a Audio card. Will be putting 8gb RAM now. I have no plan to upgrade the processor in future.

My main focus is on performance... well overall good performance :) . I am new to this area, so please suggest which mother board is best among the above.

Thanks!

More about : motherboard recommendation good performance asrock h77 pro4 mvp

a c 421 Ĉ ASUS
a c 136 δ ASRock
a c 1527 V Motherboard
December 17, 2012 10:07:13 PM

Out of those I would choose between the first two on price since they are both ATX vs the other two being mATX.
m
l
December 17, 2012 11:00:00 PM

rolli59 said:
Out of those I would choose between the first two on price since they are both ATX vs the other two being mATX.

sorry for threadjack but do all cases fit ATX? Or is it only the bigger full tower ones? I am looking at the fractal arc midi, the zalma z9 plus, hte haf 912, and basically all the $50 ish cases. Would any of them fit a ATX mobo?
m
l
Related resources
a c 421 Ĉ ASUS
a c 136 δ ASRock
a c 1527 V Motherboard
December 17, 2012 11:07:38 PM

Mid tower will fit ATX.
m
l
December 18, 2012 4:14:46 AM

rolli59 said:

But which one is better from ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP and ASUS P8B75-V then.

And if I have to chose from ASUS P8B75-M LX and Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H then which should I go for.
m
l
December 18, 2012 4:32:53 AM

ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP , cheaper and better.
m
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
December 18, 2012 4:36:19 AM

ASUS P8B75-V for the slightly better quality over the pro4/MVP, being an Asus board and all. but if you want to cheap out, feel free to go with the latter, or any of the matx board if all you're adding is a sound card and a GPU.

case in point; you're not going to see a whole lot of difference performance-wise between the boards. focus on build quality, price and feature sets (no. of usb3.0's, PCI/PCIe slots, etc.) that are to your liking.
December 18, 2012 7:27:11 AM

Hazle said:
ASUS P8B75-V for the slightly better quality over the pro4/MVP, being an Asus board and all. but if you want to cheap out, feel free to go with the latter, or any of the matx board if all you're adding is a sound card and a GPU.

case in point; you're not going to see a whole lot of difference performance-wise between the boards. focus on build quality, price and feature sets (no. of usb3.0's, PCI/PCIe slots, etc.) that are to your liking.

I am also little bit inclined towards ASUS P8B75-V but in comparison to ASRock H77 pro4/MVP, ASUS P8B75-V do not have the HDMI Ports and it is B75 chipset. Even the Audio I/O Channels are better in pro4/MVP. Could you please tell me how B75 chipset is in comparison to H77 and how much HDMI ports matter in real life.

For ASRock H77 pro4/MVP I am not sure about its Multi GPU support and its memory frequency is 1600 MHz compare to Asus 2200(O.C) MHz. (although i do not have a any clue about what are these :)  )

And if in the end I have to chose from the other cheaper two, i.e., ASUS P8B75-M LX and Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H then which one shall I opt for.
m
l
December 20, 2012 11:51:57 AM

Best answer selected by jranjan.
m
l
May 26, 2013 9:17:33 AM

jranjan said:
Could you please tell me how B75 chipset is in comparison to H77 and how much HDMI ports matter in real life.

Discrete GPUs all come with HDMI ports, so if you get one immediately you can just use that.
m
l