Please Rate My Build

iMacX10

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Ok lady's and gentlemen, welcome to my first thread lets start off with me introducing myself then will get to the good part. My computer. Im iMacX10 a new user, and I know my computer has a bunch of extras but I want them just to mess around with. But lets get on with it. Heres my build.

Back Up Hard Drive: HP StorageWorks Black 1TB External USB 2.0
Computer Chassis/Case: Lian Li Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Blue Ray Burner: Asus Black Blue Ray Burner
Blue Ray Reader/Writer: Lite-On Black Blue Ray Reader/Writer
CPU/Processor: Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.46GHz LGA 1366 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor
Hard Drive Cooler: Thermaltake A2427 Hard drive blue LED cooler x10
Memory Cooler: Corsair Fan & Heatsinks
Liquid Cooler: Corsair H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green x10
Headset/Microphone: Razer Megalodon
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate - Dragon Age II
Mouse: Gigabyte Aivia Wireless Macro Gaming Mouse
Flight Simulator: Saitek Pro Flight Kit
Racing Simulator: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Memory: Crucial 48GB (6 x 8GB)
Moniter: Samsung Black 70" 8ms Respone Time
Power Supply: SilverStone ST1500 1500W ATX 12v 2.3 & EPS 12V SLI Ready 80 Plus Silver Certified Active PFC Power Supply
SSD: Kingston SSDNow 256GB x2
MotherBoard: Asus Supercomputer "Ultimate Gamer" with 7 PCIe Slots
Video Cards: x2 Nvidia GeForce Double Stack GTX580
Web Camera: Rosewill RCM-8164V

iMacX10

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Than you for your opinions. This probaly run tetris in the future.... Didn't thing about that. Well See you later on the forms. Buy the way, how do I close this form?

appleshaq

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

In other words, "best answer" me :D

Welcome to the forums!

Nice build but most of it will be obsolete by next year (like WR2 said).

That CPU you mention is way overpriced and right now you can get a i7 2600k which would be better at overclocking and gaming then the 990X. 48GB of RAM? I don't think your motherboard will even support that. Also I would highly advise on not getting 2 SSD, waste of money and espicially if your going to be using it for gaming storage (doesn't really help the load times an awful lot).

Good luck and TRUST ME, you build is going to change and most of the parts will be obsolete.

:D

Emelth

Distinguished
What is this gonna be used for? Why green HDDs? What could you possibly be doing to need that much RAM? Cant wait to hear how the h100 does for you, I think it will do great. Also I would wait till it gets closer to your purchase time cause a lot of this will be replaced with better stuff

appleshaq

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

+1

Wait until you are about to purchase, and what is your budget, $7500?

You don't need to spend that much for an elite gaming PC, $2500 would be plenty!

iMacX10

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Ivy Bridge E it is and the 48 GB well, its for a good reason. I've always had ram problems. I'm on like my 12th or 13th batch of this 4GB stuff for my E Machines. And Im
gonna put 24 in and keep 24. I don't remember why on the green HDDS Western Digital [Or Segate} Said it was faster and IntelliSmart. And the 2 SSDs are for system boot up and the other one is just another HDD to me. And my pc only has 10 3.5" Drives and 2 2.5" drives and I wanna utilize them all.