Sign in with
Your question

Asrock Died ?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
December 17, 2012 6:41:45 PM

Well im just to nervous to figure it out myself.

But just want to make sure something.

The northbridge died.

So i have Asrock E3G3.

Today a storm began.So the lightings wsnt missing. And my PC made that rumour (shutdown PSU kinda BOOM ).

I checked the PSU with short and it started. Tried with other mobo and it works. Removed everything from the mobo no signs of lights on it.

So i tried shorting the PSU again while it was connected to the mobo. The CPU fan spins but no Dr.debug or anyother light.

As everything is working i think my mobo died cuz of the ethernet cable. So im thinking to get wireless card.

Im right ?

More about : asrock died

a b V Motherboard
December 17, 2012 7:17:42 PM

Sounds right.

Try another power supply maybe.
a b V Motherboard
December 17, 2012 7:25:54 PM

You seem to be saying that you had a storm outside and your PC blew up.

An ATX power supply CAN stop a surge from destroying a motherboard, but is not guaranteed to. Simply saying it is good because it makes the fans turn isn’t a good test, you’d need to actually take readings with a multimeter.

A multi-rail PSU can be bad, and will still make the fans spin.

If you didn’t have a UPS on the computer and you did hear something pop(PSU kinda boom), the MB is probably dead. You CPU could still be good. Check it in another MB, if you have one with the same socket.

Your RAM is probably good as well.

Although it is possible that voltage came through your Ethernet cable strong enough to fry your MB, your switch, router or modem would be dead then as well. The Corsair PS you have listed is a good supply, but before I’d use it I’d check it out thoroughly. Your transformer could have windings melted and that would throw off you voltages.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 17, 2012 7:27:32 PM

Well i dont have 1 right now . Ill try it tomorrow. Also i tired something now. Removed battery for 20 min's.

Than i connected the 24 pin and 8pin to the mobo and the LED (led strip i installed ) powered on for 0.5 sec.

Also when i touched (not on purpose ) this it was hot as hell .

Edit : Adding coments about the second reply.

Ill try the CPU tomorrow to. And i dont have a multimeter so im going to buy 1 tomorrow. But when i tested the PSU with another mobo it powered up normally.Everything great.

Also the modem is working. And i checked the mobo i cant see any sign or smell anything

a b V Motherboard
December 17, 2012 7:47:10 PM

prototype18 said:
Well im just to nervous to figure it out myself.

But just want to make sure something.

The northbridge died.

So i have Asrock E3G3.

Today a storm began.So the lightings wsnt missing. And my PC made that rumour (shutdown PSU kinda BOOM ).

I checked the PSU with short and it started. Tried with other mobo and it works. Removed everything from the mobo no signs of lights on it.

So i tried shorting the PSU again while it was connected to the mobo. The CPU fan spins but no Dr.debug or anyother light.

As everything is working i think my mobo died cuz of the ethernet cable. So im thinking to get wireless card.

Im right ?

Oh my, this same thing happened to me actually

My Antec 650 is a multi-rail psu.

I assembled my Corsair h60 on carpet (NEVER DO THIS EVER)

And the mobo would turn on for .5 seconds, but all the fans would spin, but the gpu.

The power supply got shorted.

Probably power supply.

BUT, you said that the SAME power supply powered a diffrent motherboard! So the only way to know is with a nother power suplly and the said 'failed' board.

a b V Motherboard
December 17, 2012 7:59:07 PM

Well im going to try that tomorrow. I tested the mobo on that thing that came with the antistaticg bag. I dont think it do short !

Yeah the same PSU powered up the other system. Anw tomorrow ima buy a multimeter and check the Voltages. Also i will check the mobo with a PSU (asked my friend to borrow it).

And i dont see any led on the mobo turning on. No fan spin , nothing. No dr.debug led too !

I will report report tomorrow again .

Anything else feel free to tell me !

Thank you
a b V Motherboard
December 18, 2012 12:55:58 PM

Well i checked the PSU all the voltages are ok.

So i will test the mobo too later when i get the PSU.
!