Corsair Vengeance 8GB and 16GB CAS Latency and Timings?

Solid_Snake3

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
Ok so I did a bit of research and I found that lower CAS Latency is better, as well as memory timings. I looked at the Corsair Vengeance 8GB, it has a CAS latency of 9 and 9-9-9-24 timings. The 16GB Vengeance RAM had a CAS latency of 10 and 10-10-10-27 timings. So which one should I get? It doesn't really matter what size RAM I get, which one would I be able to squeeze more performance out of? Since the 16 GB has higher CAS latency and timings, will it still be better or worse than the 8GB kit?

Since the likelihood of you using up the 16GB's is small I would go with the faster kit. The reason I really like the vegeance kit though the 16 gigabyte one which I think I know the one you are looking at it has 2x 8GB sticks low profile is because its low profile. If you do anything beyond gaming I would suggest the 16 kit otherwise stick to the faster CAS 8 kit.

Depend on what do you use the PC, for games or regular you don't need the 16GB. If you use the PC for video/photo editing you do need.

And the RAM CAS/timing like the 9-9-9-24 or 10-10-10-27 you only can see the difference in the benchmark because they are only 5-8% difference.