• Power Supplies
  • Cooler Master
  • Cases
  • Build
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
February 13, 2012 2:56:11 AM

I was looking at cases for a cheap work/office build. The case I was looking at is the Coolermaster Elite 335 upgrade. The concern I have is does this case have dust filters built into the front intake? I was hoping someone here has used this case for a build and can give me a definite answer. It doesn't mention anything about dust filters on Newegg or their website so I'm guessing it doesn't have them. Looking at the picture though it looks like it does. This computer will sit on the floor so dust is a concern. Dust was a major problem in the old computer that caused a lot of heat problems so the number one concern was dust prevention.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : cooler master case dust filters

a c 111 ) Power supply
February 13, 2012 3:16:17 AM

Is this for your dad? What is the budget for the case?
m
l
February 13, 2012 3:22:18 AM

O no I finished that one. I meant to post pictures of my gaming build and his computer but I forgot. This is actually for my uncle. No specific budget for the case alone but overall he wants to keep it under 1000 dollars.
m
l
Related resources
February 13, 2012 5:07:07 AM

rds1220 said:
I was looking at cases for a cheap work/office build. The case I was looking at is the Coolermaster Elite 335 upgrade. The concern I have is does this case have dust filters built into the front intake? I was hoping someone here has used this case for a build and can give me a definite answer. It doesn't mention anything about dust filters on Newegg or their website so I'm guessing it doesn't have them. Looking at the picture though it looks like it does. This computer will sit on the floor so dust is a concern. Dust was a major problem in the old computer that caused a lot of heat problems so the number one concern was dust prevention.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I bought that case about 18 months ago, and liked it so well i bought it again the next 2 times it went on sale. Mine are the exact same but the previous edition with mine having the top mounted power supply. All 3 of did have dust filters in the front panel. Hope this helps
m
l
February 13, 2012 12:07:53 PM

davidgermain said:
Built-in washable FRONT air filter
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=5239

so if you have a side mounted fan then your out of luck. does make me wunder why proved a vent at the side and not have dust filter on the kinda make the front filter pointless.
:S

The side mounted fan is for exhaust. Don't need to filter the air coming out of the case.
m
l
February 13, 2012 12:16:15 PM

skyviper80 said:
The side mounted fan is for exhaust. Don't need to filter the air coming out of the case.

Sidemount fans are typically for intake, generally cool air is brought in via the front and side (sometimes bottom) and is exhausted out the top and back.

Having side fans for exhaust causes cool air coming in at the front to be wasted and partly thrown out of the side, it also can cause negative air pressure.
m
l
February 13, 2012 12:18:16 PM

Head over to frozencpu or Kustompcs, they sell dust filters which simply stick on the outside of the case, seems like a legit way to reduce dust intake :-)
m
l
!