ASRock H77M Drivers

kuichi

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Hi, I recently purchased this mobo as well as the rest of my built and I am waiting for it to arrive. This is my first time building a pc so I don't know what drivers I need.

ASRock H77M Drivers These are the list of drivers I found on the site. Could someone point out which drivers I actually need.

This is the rest of my build in case you need to know what it is. Thanks!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($179.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.49 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($24.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Keyboard: Gigabyte GK-KM5200 Wired Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($12.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $817.87
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-17 18:28 EST-0500)

Solution
Hi. The following drivers are recommended at the very least. There are newer versions as noted below but they're not yet available from ASRock. I have installed the newer versions without any problem but you may (want to) wait until ASRock releases them.

Realtek HD Audio Driver (newer version available from Realtek)
Realtek LAN Driver (newer version available from Realtek)
Intel INF Driver
Intel USB 3.0 Driver (newer version available from Intel)

I don't know what the Intel Management Engine Driver does so I haven't had it install in my system. Maybe someone else can shed light on this subject. Since you have a dedicated graphics card, you'll need the latest Catalyst driver from AMD. The rest of the drivers and utilities should be...

johnsonjohnson

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Hi. The following drivers are recommended at the very least. There are newer versions as noted below but they're not yet available from ASRock. I have installed the newer versions without any problem but you may (want to) wait until ASRock releases them.

Realtek HD Audio Driver (newer version available from Realtek)
Realtek LAN Driver (newer version available from Realtek)
Intel INF Driver
Intel USB 3.0 Driver (newer version available from Intel)

I don't know what the Intel Management Engine Driver does so I haven't had it install in my system. Maybe someone else can shed light on this subject. Since you have a dedicated graphics card, you'll need the latest Catalyst driver from AMD. The rest of the drivers and utilities should be installed as needed but I personally didn't see the need for them for myself except for maybe the XFast USB Utility. You can disable the Intel Rapid Start Technology and Intel Smart Connect Technology features in the bios if you don't need them and don't forget to go through and customize the rest of the bios features to best suit your needs. Good luck on your new build.

Solution