Edimax EW-7711UAN forum

ianw

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Can anyone suggest what's happening.

I have 16 Edimax EW-7711UAN usb wireless adapters plugged into 16 machines in a small office - I think it's a good product. The computers are running Ubuntu 10.04 (most) plus 3 running Windows 7. The adapters have worked all fine up to now. I installed a new wireless router today (also Edimax) which seems to work fine. But suddenly just one of the adapters seems to be malfunctioning. All the others can communicate with the new router no problem. The problematic one can only see some available networks (and not our own i.e. can't see our new router). All the routers it can see are broadcasting on channel 1 or 8. When I use iwconfig on one of the Linux boxes to check what channels it 'sees' (can use?), all are listed, but channel 8 is given as the active one. All the others show channel 13 as active. Windows or Ubuntu it sees the same limited range of available networks.

Does anyone know what might be the reason for this. I've looked through the set up utilities on one of the Windows boxes but can't see anything obvious I can change. Might it just be faulty?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.