Working Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Video Card and HARDDRIVE

louksa

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Hello,

I built my own computer and my motherboard was faulty and had a short and sparked the power plug in to the CPU. Well I got rid of the motherboard for a new ASUS and now I put everything together and there is no video to the monitor. I took it to a professional and it had the same problem no video to their monitor. Then they took all working CPU, RAM and Video card and they couldn't get any video. The motherboard doesn't have onboard video. Please, I need some help. Thank you!

louksa

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
I used the onboard motherboard video and the power supply is a 525 watt Logisys and before it happened i did have video but when i tried to install Windows 7 it says an invalid mode which i now understand was a bad video driver. The spark i believe damaged it and now I bough a new Motherboard and there is no video what so ever. I bought a new MSI Graphics Card and there was still nothing.

Logisys PSU is something that is not even useful as a paperweight! The are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to quality and rarely deliver their rated output so your 525 watt would even struggle with 350watts. Just Google them and the web will proof that. It might even be the cause of the spark (actually very likely) and I suggest replacing it ASAP with a quality unit!

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010

+1^ there's your problem