Asus Sabertooth 990 in existing system ( NOT BOOTING)

chnchapters

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
I had a working system: FX 8350, 8gb of ram, gigabyte gtx 670, Kingwin 850watt psu, ocz agility 3 ssd (boot), 3 other hdds (maxtor and WD) for storage, an asus xonar dgx soundcard, and a complete open loop watercooling system... oh and an asrock extreme 4 970 mobo...

Well I couldnt get my new fx 8350 past 4.7ghz because of my AsRock mobo. The powerphase for the VRM was too small, i put swiftech heatsinks on it lol, but still was limited by this mobo...

I upgraded to an Asus Sabertooth 990FX today...

Everything seems okay, UEFI/Bios works fine, but windows (windows 8) just keeps at the logo loading screen...
Restart a few times same thing
Goes to logo loading screen saying (attempt auto repair) leave for 1.5 hours doesnt change from logo loading...

Put in usb win 8 drive to re install Win 8. Same thing, stuck at the logo loading screen... leave for an hour, nothing...

Now put windows 7 cd in optical drive, to install win 7, windows 7 (starting windows logo) comes up, same thing...
Its been on the starting windows (7) screen for an hour...

What is wrong? Is my mobo bad even though i can go in the bios and change stuff, and it boots and posts, why cant i load into Windows? Should I return the motherboard? can i fix this?

cl-scott

Honorable
The first thing I'd suggest, is just break the system down to the bare essentials you'd need to install/boot Windows, and see if you can get it to work that way. You can also try reseating all the add-in cards, which you conveniently do when adding them back in if you get Windows to boot after going to a bare minimum config.

Also, I'm assuming when you go and try to install Win 7/8, it stalls before the installer finishes booting, not that you can install it and then it stalls trying to boot for the first time.