Sign in with
Your question

Asus Aspire Revo R3700 HDMI issue- Asus is no help

Last response: in Systems
November 13, 2011 12:46:32 PM

Hello,

Just got my R3700. It is connected to my trusty Vizio 42" via HDMI. Occasionally when switching between HDMI inputs on the TV, the Revo won't recognize the new presence of the input and my TV just sits there at "No Signal". I thought it might be the drivers so I updated those completely from NVidia. I thought it might be the crappy OS and bloatware causing an issue so I installed Win7 ultimate clean from USB. I thought it might be the hardware so I called Asus- they say that since the HDMI input functions at times it is not a hardware issue and they refuse to support it.
When the issue occurs if you press the power button once, the display magically shows up and says "Windows is shutting down". Nothing in event logs, and power settings are set to "never/never".

Any help you could give would be wonderful because Asus support is asleep at the wheel.
November 16, 2011 10:00:18 AM

Um, that is not a Asus computer. Its an Acer.

Sometimes connecting to a external monitor/tv is a pain. My TV struggles with my laptop now and then, though I largely blame the graphics chip-set. This could be the same case. Also, I would do a Google search with on your TV. Not all TVs play nice with computers for whatever reason.

I would also check with your desktop settings to make sure its telling the computer what to do. Do you have any other monitors/TVs to test with the machine, to see if the problem exists on those? If they do, its the computer. If it doesn't, its the TV.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
!