Sign in with
Your question

Seeking advice for ultimate workstation build for Video Editing/ Computer Animat

Tags:
  • Build
  • Video Editing
  • Workstations
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
November 13, 2011 1:31:13 PM

Hello,

I am looking to build an over kill system that will last for years to come! I am sold on the quadro 5000/ 6000 but am not sure what would be the best card for me to use to have seamless video editing and animation capabilities. Is there a dual I7 board available? Should i use I7 or Xeon? Should i have multiple machines foreach program or can the one do the trick for all of them? I would like to keep the budget under 15k if possible. I will be using the Adobe master suite, 3ds Max. Maya, C4d, Protools etc... It would be nice for a change to get somthing accomplished with no hang-ups due to proccessor back lag.

Please Help!!
Will

More about : seeking advice ultimate workstation build video editing computer animat

November 13, 2011 2:05:15 PM

DigitalDiamondz said:
Hello,

I am looking to build an over kill system that will last for years to come! I am sold on the quadro 5000/ 6000 but am not sure what would be the best card for me to use to have seamless video editing and animation capabilities. Is there a dual I7 board available? Should i use I7 or Xeon? Should i have multiple machines foreach program or can the one do the trick for all of them? I would like to keep the budget under 15k if possible. I will be using the Adobe master suite, 3ds Max. Maya, C4d, Protools etc... It would be nice for a change to get somthing accomplished with no hang-ups due to proccessor back lag.

Please Help!!
Will

Are you sure you need such power?
m
l
November 13, 2011 2:18:39 PM

michxymi said:
Are you sure you need such power?

+1.

15k on a computer. Wish I had that kind of money lol.
m
l
Related resources
November 13, 2011 2:40:07 PM

Need it to do 4k film resolution projects
m
l
November 13, 2011 2:59:47 PM

If you need such power and with that budget I would wait for Sandy Bridge-e
m
l
!