Radeon HD 5670 connected to vizio via hdmi

wilfreeman

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
Hello,
I can't seem to figure out how to get my Vizio to display anything, just a blue screen. I just purchased the Radeon HD 5670, and that's connected to dual monitors just fine. Catalyst Control center can "see" the TV, but still nothing. Any suggestions?

Solution
Try downloading the latest drivers.

Have you tried setting the Vizio as the desktop?

Make sure you have the cables plugged in correctly and are firmly in place.Also make sure that you have selected the right input for what port it's plugged into(HDMI 1-3).
I have a Vizio myself and my HDMI works fine.

Kari

Splendid
if you want to get 3 screens to run at the same time, one of them needs to be hooked up to a DisplayPort output on the card... (use an adapter if needed)
If your card doesn't have a DP output there's not much you can do, other than disable one of the monitors when using the tv...

Try downloading the latest drivers.

Have you tried setting the Vizio as the desktop?

Make sure you have the cables plugged in correctly and are firmly in place.Also make sure that you have selected the right input for what port it's plugged into(HDMI 1-3).
I have a Vizio myself and my HDMI works fine.

Solution

wilfreeman

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I had to mess with it a bunch, but I ended up changing the resolution to 1080i and that worked (...after some time). If I futz with the settings at all, it goes blue screen, and I have to disconnect from the graphics card to get it back up and working again. I also had issues with the sound crackling/scrambling, but that was also fixed by reconnecting the HDMI cable at the graphics card (or maybe it was reinstalling drivers, restarting computer, then reconnecting... not sure)

Thanks for the fast responses everyone, I really appreciate it. Now to go and try for a refund from justanswers... any tips there? ahha