Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte MA770-UD3 dying?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 18, 2012 4:50:15 AM

When trying to start the PC I get this message.

verifying dmi pool data.....
{Bè-${Bè-$

I was actually getting this message a month ago. My PC started randomly crashing, Windows 7 64-bit, and finally the OS stopped loading. I assumed it was a faulty hard drive. However, I now have a new HDD and I recently experienced a blue screen of death after trying to load a program. Rebooting provided the same above message. My windows repair disc says it can't repair the OS because it can't find a problem. Is my mobo dying?

Windows 7 64 bit service pack 1
Athlon II x4 955 3.2 Ghz
5 GB RAM
a c 555 V Motherboard
a b $ Windows 7
December 18, 2012 5:43:03 AM

Hi, Try leaving only one RAM stick instaled and test. Check each RAM module.
December 18, 2012 3:15:11 PM

The DMI says it's updated succesfully and then the {Bè-${Bè-$ shows again without loading the os.

I forgot to mention earlier this code appears about 90% of the time, 5% I get a disc read error and the other 5% it boots to windows.
Related resources
a c 118 V Motherboard
a b $ Windows 7
December 18, 2012 5:10:25 PM

check your bios settings of the drive that have the os is first boot also this drive connect on the motherboard in the first sata port ,and why do you use 5 gig of ram give the name and model of patrs on your system ?
December 18, 2012 5:50:00 PM

I'm not sure I understand your question, I use 5 gigs because it's supported and that's the RAM I currently own.

I did try setting the HDD to boot before the DVD-ROM and it made no difference.

Edit- I removed my 2nd HDD which just stores my music and the system loaded windows with no issue. Can a 2nd HDD in the slave port with no OS cause a failure to boot? It's always listed last in the boot order.
a c 118 V Motherboard
a b $ Windows 7
December 19, 2012 1:12:12 AM

is was asking for memory because this amd bord must be working on dual channel ,need the name and model to check memory specs on her,also the slave one is ide drive or sata and the first one is also ide or sata ?
!