Using BT to give a cordless headset for a computer

Last response: in Technologies
February 21, 2005 1:49:52 PM

I am a Bluetooth total novice. I use skype on my Broadband XP computer to chat worldwide.
Is it possible to use a Dongle on the computer to let me use a bluetooth headset as the headset
for my computer so I can do other jobs around the house while chatting.
(I use a 15 foot headset extension lead at the moment)
I don't want to spend the cash just to find it doesn't work.
No vendors I have found in the UK will guarantee that it will work.
So ,does anyone use this method & is it a good idea?
TIA
--
Dave Croft
Warrington

It works..

"Dave Croft" <davecroft@nospammershere.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am a Bluetooth total novice. I use skype on my Broadband XP computer to
>chat worldwide.
> Is it possible to use a Dongle on the computer to let me use a bluetooth
> headset as the headset
> for my computer so I can do other jobs around the house while chatting.
> (I use a 15 foot headset extension lead at the moment)
> I don't want to spend the cash just to find it doesn't work.
> No vendors I have found in the UK will guarantee that it will work.
> So ,does anyone use this method & is it a good idea?
> TIA
> --
> Dave Croft
> Warrington
> England

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 2:58:35 AM

Hi all,

I had this idea and have experienced real problems getting it to work. I
have a generic Bluetooth dongle a telcom bt500 Bluetooth headset and a nokia
6230. Windows XP Home SP2.

The dongle works great between my nokia and my PC.

The Bluetooth headset works with my phone.

I cannot get it working with my PC. I can see it as Bluetooth device and
connect to it with the pass key verified, but I cannot select it in the
audio devices, so can't use it. Any advice would be greatly received,
thanks.

Tony

!