-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU Brand : Intel Model : Celeron G530 Speed : 2.4 GHz
Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP : 1
Memory Brand : Kingmax Type : DDRIII
Memory Size : 2x2 GB Speed : 1333 MHz
Power Supply : 400 W

no graphics card
I use the integrated on the MB.

I wrote a letter to gigabyte tech support but until I get the response I would be interested in your opinion about my issue.

I was making a BIOS upgrade (which I know is not recommended) with @BIOS because I couldn't access the BIOS (delete) all I got was a black screen and then the system stopped loading.
After I finished the BIOS upgrade nothing has happened still couldn't get in the BIOS. Then I decided clr cmos to get back factory defaults. So I removed the battery for 5 minutes with computer unplugged and power button pressed for removing residual energy in the circuits. And since then when I turn on the computer I get one short beep and black screen. (power led on, hdd led not flashing).
I would welcome any suggestions regarding this issue. I know that this MB has backup bios. I assume the main bios is gone so I would appreciate any methods how to force the backup bios to kick in.

More about : clr cmos black screen

a b V Motherboard
December 18, 2012 8:36:55 AM

When motherboard detects that primary BIOS is corrupted (bad checksum) it switches automatically to second one giving you the possiblity to overwrite primary one. As far as I know there is no way to force this.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/closer-scrutiny,397...

Maybe try clearing it once again using the jumper.
a b V Motherboard
December 19, 2012 12:56:52 AM

Sounds like your main bios crashed.
Did you see a black screen but actually it has a "UEFI BIOS" title on the top?
If so, it could be backup bios and only enter when main bios bad ..
If you can enter Windows, you can check in cpu-z for bios version.
!