PSP Luck

I've been bummed out because I haven't been able to secure a psp yet. But I
went to my local gamestop today on a whim, and asked about the psp. He said
that two people had actually cancelled their deposits on their psp's, so I
was finally able to reserve one! I will be able to get my psp tomorrow!
Can't wait!
What size memory card do you think I should get with it? I've been hearing
that a 1GB would be best so I could transfer movies, and tv shows to it.
But I think a 512 mb will be all that I can afford. What do you think?

"lb02" <brienwiggins@NOSPAMMINGALLOWEDyahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've been bummed out because I haven't been able to secure a psp yet. But
> went to my local gamestop today on a whim, and asked about the psp. He
said
> that two people had actually cancelled their deposits on their psp's, so I
> was finally able to reserve one! I will be able to get my psp tomorrow!
> Can't wait!
> What size memory card do you think I should get with it? I've been
hearing
> that a 1GB would be best so I could transfer movies, and tv shows to it.
> But I think a 512 mb will be all that I can afford. What do you think?

Circuit City has a Sandisk 256MB Memory Stick Duo currently advertised for
$39 (after rebates). That's less than the regular price ($45) of a 128MB
Sony-brand stick.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"lb02" <brienwiggins@NOSPAMMINGALLOWEDyahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've been bummed out because I haven't been able to secure a psp yet. But
> I went to my local gamestop today on a whim, and asked about the psp. He
> said that two people had actually cancelled their deposits on their psp's,
> so I was finally able to reserve one! I will be able to get my psp
> tomorrow! Can't wait!
> What size memory card do you think I should get with it? I've been
> hearing that a 1GB would be best so I could transfer movies, and tv shows
> to it. But I think a 512 mb will be all that I can afford. What do you
> think?

Get whatever you can afford. Don't bankrupt yourself over it. You can get
a higher capacity card when you have more money. You may find you won't
need one for them time being.

lb02 wrote:
> I've been bummed out because I haven't been able to secure a psp yet.
> But I went to my local gamestop today on a whim, and asked about the
> psp. He said that two people had actually cancelled their deposits
> on their psp's, so I was finally able to reserve one! I will be able
> to get my psp tomorrow! Can't wait!
> What size memory card do you think I should get with it? I've been
> hearing that a 1GB would be best so I could transfer movies, and tv
> shows to it. But I think a 512 mb will be all that I can afford.
> What do you think?

Release day. Went into Walmart this afternoon, and they had a display case
full of them.

Went next door to EBGames. They had a small stack of preordered units on
the floor behind the counter, and a huge stack of them ready to sell.

No shortage around here. They should be down to $149 in no time...

"Smart Feet" <smartfeet@yourshoes.com> wrote in message
> lb02 wrote:
>> I've been bummed out because I haven't been able to secure a psp yet.
>> But I went to my local gamestop today on a whim, and asked about the
>> psp. He said that two people had actually cancelled their deposits
>> on their psp's, so I was finally able to reserve one! I will be able
>> to get my psp tomorrow! Can't wait!
>> What size memory card do you think I should get with it? I've been
>> hearing that a 1GB would be best so I could transfer movies, and tv
>> shows to it. But I think a 512 mb will be all that I can afford.
>> What do you think?
>

> Release day. Went into Walmart this afternoon, and they had a display
> case
> full of them.
>
> Went next door to EBGames. They had a small stack of preordered units on
> the floor behind the counter, and a huge stack of them ready to sell.
>
> No shortage around here. They should be down to $149 in no time...

Same here went to the best buy about 11am and there was still was a few. I
had preordered it elsewhere just in case of a shortage. I ended up buying it
at bb though because I liked there extended warranty plan. I guess ill have
to go to the wherehouse where I preordered and get store credit for the
money I put down. Oh well....