What phones can connect simultaneously to more than one bl..

It seems that my T39m, and a K700i I borrowed, are unable to have a
call initiated from a Bluetooth equiped PDA and then have the same
call go through a Bluetooth headset.

I can either initiate the call from the PDA and use the phone handset
or I can make the call using the phone keys and use the Bluetooth
headset, but I can't use both the PDA and headset for the one call.

Are there other phones on the market that can accept a call initiation
from the PDA and then connect to a headset for the call?

....Graeme
3 answers Last reply
More about what phones connect simultaneously

    "Graeme" <gjfrew@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > It seems that my T39m, and a K700i I borrowed, are unable to have a
    > call initiated from a Bluetooth equiped PDA and then have the same
    > call go through a Bluetooth headset.
    >
    > I can either initiate the call from the PDA and use the phone handset
    > or I can make the call using the phone keys and use the Bluetooth
    > headset, but I can't use both the PDA and headset for the one call.
    >
    > Are there other phones on the market that can accept a call initiation
    > from the PDA and then connect to a headset for the call?
    >
    > ...Graeme

    I was able to do this with a Sony Ericsson T68i, a Palm T3 and a Plantronics
    BT headset. I haven't tried this with my Motorola yet, but will give it a
    test and let you know.

    TC

    "Graeme" <gjfrew@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > It seems that my T39m, and a K700i I borrowed, are unable to have a
    > call initiated from a Bluetooth equiped PDA and then have the same
    > call go through a Bluetooth headset.
    >
    > I can either initiate the call from the PDA and use the phone handset
    > or I can make the call using the phone keys and use the Bluetooth
    > headset, but I can't use both the PDA and headset for the one call.
    >
    > Are there other phones on the market that can accept a call initiation
    > from the PDA and then connect to a headset for the call?
    >
    > ...Graeme

    It also depends on the software you;re using on the PDA. Is the software
    releasing the phone fast enough after sending the call commands? Have you
    tried another program?

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz
    http://www.geekmac.com
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    When I dial a number using the PDA, from looking at the symbology on
    the T39 display, it seems that even though the PDA drops the
    connection immediately after sending the number, (as evidenced by the
    Bluetooth indicator lamp being extinguished), the phone holds the
    Bluetooth connection open until the call is terminated thus preventing
    the Bluetooth headset from connecting after the PDA disconnects.

    I had a play with the Bluetooth settings on the phone but I couldn't
    find a way to improve the situation.

    The software I'm using on the PDA is the DeveloperOne AgendaFusion
    product.

    I'm toying with the idea of getting a new phone but if this behaviour
    is common in Ericsson phones then I'll strike them off my short list.

    ....Graeme

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:36:51 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas"
    <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

    >"Graeme" <gjfrew@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> It seems that my T39m, and a K700i I borrowed, are unable to have a
    >> call initiated from a Bluetooth equiped PDA and then have the same
    >> call go through a Bluetooth headset.
    >>
    >> I can either initiate the call from the PDA and use the phone handset
    >> or I can make the call using the phone keys and use the Bluetooth
    >> headset, but I can't use both the PDA and headset for the one call.
    >>
    >> Are there other phones on the market that can accept a call initiation
    >> from the PDA and then connect to a headset for the call?
    >>
    >> ...Graeme
    >
    >It also depends on the software you;re using on the PDA. Is the software
    >releasing the phone fast enough after sending the call commands? Have you
    >tried another program?

Bluetooth Phones Gaming Headsets PDA