What phones can connect simultaneously to more than one bl..

Last response: in Technologies
Share
February 22, 2005 1:17:08 AM

It seems that my T39m, and a K700i I borrowed, are unable to have a
call initiated from a Bluetooth equiped PDA and then have the same
call go through a Bluetooth headset.

I can either initiate the call from the PDA and use the phone handset
or I can make the call using the phone keys and use the Bluetooth
headset, but I can't use both the PDA and headset for the one call.

Are there other phones on the market that can accept a call initiation
from the PDA and then connect to a headset for the call?

....Graeme
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 9:37:18 AM

"Graeme" <gjfrew@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It seems that my T39m, and a K700i I borrowed, are unable to have a
> call initiated from a Bluetooth equiped PDA and then have the same
> call go through a Bluetooth headset.
>
> I can either initiate the call from the PDA and use the phone handset
> or I can make the call using the phone keys and use the Bluetooth
> headset, but I can't use both the PDA and headset for the one call.
>
> Are there other phones on the market that can accept a call initiation
> from the PDA and then connect to a headset for the call?
>
> ...Graeme

I was able to do this with a Sony Ericsson T68i, a Palm T3 and a Plantronics
BT headset. I haven't tried this with my Motorola yet, but will give it a
test and let you know.

TC
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 6:36:51 PM

"Graeme" <gjfrew@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It seems that my T39m, and a K700i I borrowed, are unable to have a
> call initiated from a Bluetooth equiped PDA and then have the same
> call go through a Bluetooth headset.
>
> I can either initiate the call from the PDA and use the phone handset
> or I can make the call using the phone keys and use the Bluetooth
> headset, but I can't use both the PDA and headset for the one call.
>
> Are there other phones on the market that can accept a call initiation
> from the PDA and then connect to a headset for the call?
>
> ...Graeme

It also depends on the software you;re using on the PDA. Is the software
releasing the phone fast enough after sending the call commands? Have you
tried another program?

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com
February 23, 2005 1:32:48 AM

When I dial a number using the PDA, from looking at the symbology on
the T39 display, it seems that even though the PDA drops the
connection immediately after sending the number, (as evidenced by the
Bluetooth indicator lamp being extinguished), the phone holds the
Bluetooth connection open until the call is terminated thus preventing
the Bluetooth headset from connecting after the PDA disconnects.

I had a play with the Bluetooth settings on the phone but I couldn't
find a way to improve the situation.

The software I'm using on the PDA is the DeveloperOne AgendaFusion
product.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a new phone but if this behaviour
is common in Ericsson phones then I'll strike them off my short list.

....Graeme