Sign in with
Your question

Search for how to build a lan with 20pcs and what are reqirements

Last response: in Networking
Anonymous
December 13, 2010 6:31:30 AM

Hi Sir,

i want the reqirements what we r going to use in a lan building and assigning ip address and file sharing too.give me fll details how much cable is required and in which topology we are going to make
December 13, 2010 1:10:57 PM

Quote:
Hi Sir,

i want the reqirements what we r going to use in a lan building and assigning ip address and file sharing too.give me fll details how much cable is required and in which topology we are going to make

You can't build a topology map just by saying "20 computers go!". We need to know:

1.) How are these systems going to be physically divided into rooms/floors?
2.) Which users are going to be using what services? Which users need to be restricted from what services?
3.) Will there be any servers involved? (Email, AD, Exchange, NAS, DHCP, Domain Controller)
4.) Do you need a WAN?
5.) What's your budget?
m
l
December 13, 2010 5:47:40 PM

Get a consultant for this, you should not setup a network based on a quick answer in a forum. What you are asking will take a medium sized book to answer properly.
m
l
Related resources
December 13, 2010 5:55:19 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Get a consultant for this, you should not setup a network based on a quick answer in a forum. What you are asking will take a medium sized book to answer properly.

Who said I wasn't going to give a thorough answer?
m
l
December 13, 2010 6:08:02 PM

Psychoteddy said:
Who said I wasn't going to give a thorough answer?

Even if you do, in order to implement it they'd need someone onsite, if he's asking such a basic networking question, and leaving out tons of details, there is no-one there that can start to get this setup. I mean asking how much cable they will need is a hugely silly qestion without saying how big the building/room is. They'll be lucky if they can find where to plug in the cables in the computers.

If this is a homework question, it should be researched and learned. Which is what this sounds like to me.
m
l
December 13, 2010 6:18:56 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Even if you do, in order to implement it they'd need someone onsite, if he's asking such a basic networking question, and leaving out tons of details, there is no-one there that can start to get this setup. I mean asking how much cable they will need is a hugely silly qestion without saying how big the building/room is. They'll be lucky if they can find where to plug in the cables in the computers.

If this is a homework question, it should be researched and learned. Which is what this sounds like to me.

Very true,

There's no substitute for having a living, breathing consultant in the office with you to evaluate your building and help you with your layout. There is no way for anyone here to use a tape measure, evaluate the construction of the building, wiring diagrams, etc.

I can give you a general idea of what you'll need but you REALLY need to hire a consultant for this once you have suggestions.
m
l
!