Need help buying a computer??

I was hoping someone could help me with buying a new computer. I would like to keep it under $600 and I don't want to have to build it, so that's out of the question. I was looking on newegg.com and found a:
ASUS Essentio CG1330-05 Desktop PC Phenom II X6 1035T(2.6GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon HD 5750 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
That I'm thinking about buying for $504.00. What's your thoughts?
6 answers Last reply
More about need buying computer
  1. Video card is sort of obsolete. And it does not look like a balanced build. It is CPU heavy and GPU light.
  2. Much better and under $600. Literally was just posting about this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.759542&cm_sp=DIY_PC_Combos-_-759542-_-Combo

Good luck. Looking for the same thing too. :)
  3. Plus, you don't need 8gb of RAM. Even for Crysis 2 (most PC strenuous game) which requires 3gb and though I'd kind of agree that 1TB would be nice... If you're not storing a TON of games then you will be fine. And on top of that, the CPU and GPU are much better so games will run well.
  4. Do tell us what you will be doing with a computer - very hard to recommend something when you don't know it's primary use.
    -Bruce
  5. I plan on running Adobe Audition as well as Photoshop and surfing the web, maybe the occasional game. I mainly play my games on 360 as of now but wouldn't mind trying out some of the Call of Duty's on the PC.

Thanks for the recommendation on the combo deal on newegg but I would really like try to stay away from building a PC unless I could truly save TONS of money or have way better performance over a pre-built one.
  6. Would something like this be much better for my needs? What's your thoughts on this system?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227370

iBUYPOWER Gamer EXTREME 923i Desktop PC Intel Core i5 2320(3.00GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Computer Systems Product