Intel core i5 overclock thoughts

Hello i am new to over clocking and to the forums. I was wanting your input on my overclock based on my screen shot, as it would be easier than me trying to explain it thank you.

http://s1171.photobucket.com/albums/r541/rooster_861/
9 answers Last reply
More about intel core overclock thoughts
  1. Overall it looks about what is to be expected out of the majority of the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K processor. 4.4GHz to 4.5GHz should be a good stable overclock on the processor.

Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  2. What heatsink do you have?
  3. Corsair h100 why do you ask? Also i ran prime 95 for a few hours last night and got fatal error expected sum, but i can't notice anything wrong with the stablity while gaming. Should I be concerned
  4. Do you believe i should turn off the power savings mode and the c states in the bios to help with stablity? Thank you for your time
  5. I was just curious to see if you would be able to oc more, An error after only a few hours isn't really good. You should down clock slightly
  6. my vcore is set at 1.30 volts but i have left power saving stuff on and it usually stays around 1.27. Would it be better to turn off power saving features?
  7. If not overclocking more why not try to take your chances with the most minimum stable voltage.
  8. Is my vcore high for my overclock?
  9. No, it is pretty good but just interested if you could go further lol ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Core Intel Intel i5