PSP Games

Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear Acid.

Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones that
stuck out in my mind.
13 answers Last reply
More about games

    "Rowdy J" <jkehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear
    > Acid.
    >
    > Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones that
    > stuck out in my mind.

    I hear Lumines is a must have game.

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    > "Rowdy J" <jkehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear
    >> Acid.
    >>
    >> Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones that
    >> stuck out in my mind.
    >
    > I hear Lumines is a must have game.

    IF and only IF...you are prepared to give up your entire social and downtime
    life...get Lumines..it is ***incredibly** addictive..you won't stop
    playing it.

    World Tour Soccer.

    "gregmac" <gregmac@tert.com> wrote in message news:4241f10f@212.67.96.135...
    > World Tour Soccer.
    >
    > "Rowdy J" <jkehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear
    > Acid.
    >>
    >> Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones that
    >> stuck out in my mind.

    do you have this? i have it on preorder?

    > > World Tour Soccer.
    > >
    > > "Rowdy J" <jkehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > >> Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear
    > > Acid.
    > >>
    > >> Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones
    that
    > >> stuck out in my mind.
    > >>

    > do you have this? i have it on preorder?

    No, I don't own the final product yet.
    I had the chance to play the game a few weeks ago. The version I played
    seemed pretty complete and was very impressive and looked stunning.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    I picked up Twisted Metal Head On, and Ridge Racer at Walmart tonight.
    Figured I d gett he games pre-launch. Lummies or how ever you spell it is a
    tetris clone. Looked cool.

    The one I hear is awesome is the Atari collection when it comes out you can
    beam a copy to a friends psp!

    "Rowdy J" <jkehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear
    > Acid.
    >
    > Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones that
    > stuck out in my mind.

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <emh0e.668$zl.306@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, jkehr@sbcglobal.net
    says...

    >Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear Acid.
    >
    >Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones that
    >stuck out in my mind.

    Here is what I just picked up. I dropped some off my list because of poor
    reviews(Untold Legends).
    1.Wipeout
    2.Twisted Metal
    3.Lumines
    4.Ridge Racer

    When is Tiger coming out or MVP? I might get both of those if the reviews are
    good.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On 3/23/05 11:06 AM, in article emh0e.668$zl.306@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com,
    "Rowdy J" <jkehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    > Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear Acid.
    >
    > Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones that
    > stuck out in my mind.

    I picked up NFL Street2, Lumines and NFS Undergroung:Rivals.

    I'm not really into card games so I don't mind not playing the Metal Gear
    game. Lumines is fun, looks like my wife seems to like it to since she
    taught me how to play it last night :^)

    NFL Street is actually pretty sweet. I was hesitant about fast action sports
    game on a handheld but this handles as good as the console counterpart.
    Makes playing a lot more fun when the controls don't stick out as a
    hinderance.

    NFS U:R, is actually pretty fun if you liked any of the console
    installments. I like the racing concept and the graphics are top notch. You
    get a good sense of feel for speed and the different game modes make it a
    game that will last a while.

    I really can't wait to get a hold of MVP Baseball for the PSP, that will be
    pretty sweet being able to play a real baseball game on a handheld while
    travelling.

    RickB
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Rowdy J" <jkehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear
    > Acid.
    >
    > Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones that
    > stuck out in my mind.

    Are you not into sports games? One of first things I look out for is a golf
    game and I hear PSP has at least two?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    OK, picked up Lumines today. Also grabbed Untold Legends.

    Yeah, I'm into sports games, but mostly on the X-Box.

    "Ezran" <narze@tm.net.my> wrote in message news:42420e13_1@news.tm.net.my...

    > "Rowdy J" <jkehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear
    >> Acid.
    >>
    >> Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones that
    >> stuck out in my mind.
    >>

    > Are you not into sports games? One of first things I look out for is a
    > golf game and I hear PSP has at least two?

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Tiger's already out; I just got mine in a pre-order from EB. I haven't
    played it yet though -- too busy reading the various instruction manuals!

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > In article <emh0e.668$zl.306@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    jkehr@sbcglobal.net
    > says...
    > >
    > >Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear
    Acid.

    > >Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones that
    > >stuck out in my mind.
    > >

    > Here is what I just picked up. I dropped some off my list because of poor
    > reviews(Untold Legends).
    > 1.Wipeout
    > 2.Twisted Metal
    > 3.Lumines
    > 4.Ridge Racer
    >
    > When is Tiger coming out or MVP? I might get both of those if the reviews
    are
    > good.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Long load times, and a bit of a sketchy framerate at times, but graphics and
    gameplay are console quality. I love the selection of 12 courses they
    included as well. It's a winner.

    Skye

    "Jerry P. Danzig" <jpdanzig@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Tiger's already out; I just got mine in a pre-order from EB. I haven't
    > played it yet though -- too busy reading the various instruction manuals!
    >
    > "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > In article <emh0e.668$zl.306@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    > jkehr@sbcglobal.net
    > > says...
    > > >
    > > >Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear
    > Acid.
    > > >
    > > >Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones
    that
    > > >stuck out in my mind.
    > > >

    > > Here is what I just picked up. I dropped some off my list because of
    poor
    > > reviews(Untold Legends).
    > > 1.Wipeout
    > > 2.Twisted Metal
    > > 3.Lumines
    > > 4.Ridge Racer
    > >
    > > When is Tiger coming out or MVP? I might get both of those if the
    reviews
    > are
    > > good.

  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    If you still any $ in your pocket, Twisted Metal is excellent too...

    "Rowdy J" <jkehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Just picked up Spiderman 2, WipeOut Pure, Ridge Racer, and Metal Gear
    Acid.

    > Any other "must have" titles out there for PSP? These were the ones that
    > stuck out in my mind.

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Games