Sign in with
Your question

Suggestions for replacement parts.

Last response: in Systems
November 13, 2011 10:15:53 PM

I just had a my motherboard die on me. I am probably just going to update it instead of replacing the mb. It is about 2 years so why not.

I have been an intel fan for years so I would like to stick with intel.

I will be using it for:

Price Range $600 +/-

Things I Need:
MB
VC
CPU
RAM
Fan

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: 600-700

System Usage from Most to Least Important:Gaming
Website design
Photo shop
Movies
Light video editing
Hearts ;) 

PSU: Ultra 750 2 years old i cant find the serial number as its not out of the pc yet.

Parts Not Required:keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS case PSU

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg or tiger since one is local

Parts Preferences: by brand or type intell

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1200)
November 13, 2011 10:32:53 PM

Edited Thanks.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
November 13, 2011 11:04:01 PM

Oh, I love being able to show off all my dream builds in these kind of threads!!!

You need a CPU?
Core i5 2500K is the no brainer for an intel fan, easily overclocked and unlocked (hence the K) you can get this baby to 4GHz with a good 3rd party cooler. Besides it outperforms all but the Phenom II X6 1100T and i7 2600K. Best value for the money and top choice for most benchmarking tests these online magazines run on the latest games.

You need a Motherboard?
I reccomend the Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H, great features, and full support for the Sandy Bridge Processors, it has good overclocking utillities, UEFI instead of BIOS. Plus if you buy at Microcenter (BEST STORE) you SAVE $150. CPU and Mobo together will cost $269.99.

You need RAM?
Well, most of this is gonna be similar so... but I reccomend a stick of 4GB DDR3-1600 ram, even for BF3 you shouldn't need more than that. I reccomend the Vengeance Series from Corsair for looks alone. Around $30-50.

VIDEO CARDS!!!
Now that leaves us with on the high end $290 left over in a $600 budget, but more likely it will be around $300-310. Throw in $50 for a goodd 3rd party cpu cooler (i.e. ThermalTake or CoolerMaster) and you have around $250.

So you can afford a beast graphics card. Get a nVidia GTx 560 Ti if you want to save some of that money, or if you are gonna throw it all in a GTX580 or a 590 if you can get a good deal, if you went with the gigabyte board get the gigabyte gfx card for maximum compatibility!
m
l
a c 91 B Homebuilt system
November 13, 2011 11:09:45 PM

@H4wk377 Do you realize everything you just suggested is over $600...
m
l
!