Cheap Pc for Gaming!

Approximate Purchase Date: April 2012.

Budget Range: £300-£450

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, watching HD videos, Browsing the internet, and occasional video editing.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard & mouse, Monitor, OS.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Aria.co.uk, MicroDirect.co.uk, Amazon.co.uk, Any with good deals.

Parts Preferences: Don't mind.

Overclocking: Maybe.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe sometime in the future.

Monitor Resolution: Not sure, sorry.

Additional Comments: I have no idea where to find a cheap hard drive, so suggestions would be nice! I have already tried to pick parts for a cheap gaming rig (Not sure if the components i've chose are even compatiable but reccomendations or suggestions would be great!), heres the best i can come up with:

Asrock motherboard N68C-S UCC AMD AM3 AM2+ DDR3 DDR2 mATX £35.00

Coolermaster Elite 342 case black mini tower mATX £26.50

LG 22x DVD±R SATA Black oem £14.88

Coolermaster PSU 500W Elite Power with 12cm fan OEM £28.50

Corsair memory 4GB XMS3 Kit (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz 240 pin £23.00

Palit GeForce GTX550ti £93.29

AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 960T Black Edition 95W Edition 3.00GHz (Socket AM3) Processor £101.33
3 answers Last reply
More about cheap gaming
  1. April 2012? By that time, a lot of prices have changed. It always pays to be prepared but not with tech.

HDD prices would have normalized by April 2012 I hope.
  2. cutebeans said:
    April 2012? By that time, a lot of prices have changed. It always pays to be prepared but not with tech.

HDD prices would have normalized by April 2012 I hope.

I forgot to mention the total price is £321.50, I hope that the HDD prices have dropped by the time i want to start getting the parts, i was thinking about getting a 60GB SSD, and getting a 250GB HDD for storage? I know i'm not going to be buying the parts until another 4 months but i just want to give myself an idea of how much it will all cost! Are all the parts compatiable? Thanks for the reply cutebeans.
  3. By the time you purchase in april 12 you can get even better gpu like nvidia 650 or amd 77xx . Atleast get a am3+ motherboard to have better upgrading in future
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems