Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$1000 - 1150 skyrim build.

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 14, 2011 1:13:44 AM

aprox. purchase date: this Tuesday.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, animation, surfing the internet

Parts Not Required: mouse ( i have a gaming one already.)

preferable website: Canada computers

country: CAN

part pref: Nvidia, gigabyte, asrock, intel, corsair, cooler master, but i am open to anything.

overclocking: yes.

sli: in the future.

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Additional Comments: mainly for playing skyrim, hopefully at ultra settings.

-------------------------------------------------

cpu : intel i5 2500k http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=4...

mobo: asrock extreme3 gen3 http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=2...

psu: ocz 700w modular http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=3...

case : cooler master haf 912 mid case http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=6...

ram : corsair vengeance 8gb blue http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=2...

GPU : gigabyte 560 ti http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=4...

monitor: LG 21.5 ince led http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=2...

SSD: kingston 64 gb solid state ( already have 2 seprate drives for data) http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1...

operating system: win7 http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=5...

keyboard: Microsoft sidewinder x4 http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=2...

1189.00$ before rebates and shipping.

please let me know if there is anything i can add or how i can make things better for this rig :) 

thanks travis,

More about : 1000 1150 skyrim build

November 14, 2011 6:56:49 AM

the memory is high profile, get a low profile one.
You also need a cpu cooler, i propose the Corsair A70.
I don't trust LG monitors, hell i wouldn't trust LG toothpicks if they made them.
m
0
l
November 14, 2011 11:07:54 AM

Hi Travis, everything in your build looks pretty stellar. Looks like you're pretty much good to go :) .

A few observations though -

The monitor can be slightly faster though. Get a 2/3 ms one from LG/Samsung. Also, in 2011, it makes sense to get one with a HDMI port.

The Modstream pro range from from OCZ does not exactly get rave reviews. It failed Hardocp's test after OCZ lied on it's packaging 'bout it being tested for it's rated wattage at 50 degrees, when in reality, they had only done so at 40. I wouldn't trust liers when it comes to such critical components.

If you stick with OCZ, this OCZ ZS-Series 750 Watt gets better reviews or better still, the PCP&C Silencer 750W or best of all - Corsair 750TX V2.

Those units are more expensive, but much better none the less.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 14, 2011 12:50:49 PM

That'll run skrim.on full ultra settings for sure. My comp doesn't even come.close to.that build.and.I'm.still playing on ultra settings
m
0
l
November 14, 2011 12:56:07 PM

^ Anything will run Skyrim on ultra, but BF3 on 1080p+ is made of sterner stuff :) 
m
0
l
November 14, 2011 1:24:44 PM

^yup, Skyrim is a sad disappointment for PC gamers... sigh @ console>PC ports
m
0
l
November 14, 2011 1:46:44 PM

Do yourself a favor and spend a bit more $$ and get this monitor. Asus VH238H, 23" LED Full 1080P HD Monitor, 1920x1080, 2ms, 50,000,000:1(SCR), VGA, DVI-D, HDMI
It's actually 23.6" and ignore the speakers.
Part no: VH238H $164.99
Get the 64 bit OS NOT 32 bit which you linked.

m
0
l
November 14, 2011 2:42:36 PM

DelroyMonjo said:
Get the 64 bit OS NOT 32 bit which you linked.
The only link I didn't bother checking :pfff: 
m
0
l
November 14, 2011 4:47:09 PM

Skyrim is limited by the CPU not the GPU. I was all set up to buy a brand new computer until I actually installed skyrim on my 4 year old e8400 dual core 3 GHZ with an 8800 gts video card.

I found that by overclocking the CPU to 3.6 GHZ and messing with the settings, I could get skyrim to run at 40-60 fps.

(that's with textures on high and all distance sliders to the max btw)
m
0
l
November 14, 2011 9:37:09 PM

calguyhunk said:
Hi Travis, everything in your build looks pretty stellar. Looks like you're pretty much good to go :) .

A few observations though -

The monitor can be slightly faster though. Get a 2/3 ms one from LG/Samsung. Also, in 2011, it makes sense to get one with a HDMI port.

The Modstream pro range from from OCZ does not exactly get rave reviews. It failed Hardocp's test after OCZ lied on it's packaging 'bout it being tested for it's rated wattage at 50 degrees, when in reality, they had only done so at 40. I wouldn't trust liers when it comes to such critical components.

If you stick with OCZ, this OCZ ZS-Series 750 Watt gets better reviews or better still, the PCP&C Silencer 750W or best of all - Corsair 750TX V2.

Those units are more expensive, but much better none the less.



definitely going to rework my build, thanks for the input :)  going to change up alot of stuff working around PSU, should i drop down to 650w or stick with 700w?
m
0
l
November 14, 2011 9:53:12 PM

Monitor - 40" LCD TV - $600
PS3 - $250
Skyrim - $60
m
0
l
November 14, 2011 9:55:30 PM

madchemist83 said:
Monitor - 40" LCD TV - $600
PS3 - $250
Skyrim - $60


LOL, no.
m
0
l
November 15, 2011 4:41:41 AM

mixmastertravis said:
...should i drop down to 650w or stick with 700w?
For a single GTX 560Ti a 550 watt PSU is what's recommended by Nvidia. The 750 will allow you the SLI option for later. 650 is neither here nor there. So depending on your needs, get either a 550 or a 750.
m
0
l
!