Screen resolution issue amd drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phamas

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
So everytime I try to get the new or newest version of catalyst my screen resolution gets fubared halfway through, my native resolution of 1650 x 1080 looks like its too big for my monitor and the resolution that looks right now is 1440 x 900 but I know I can run bigger.. I can just revert drivers but I don't feel like being stuck on this driver version forever.. anyone know what gives?

HD4850 btw

Phamas

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
by bigger I mean my icons and start button are off to the left on side of my monitor where I can't see it, I fix it with image adjustments in CC but everytime I open a game or tab into a game it reverts back to the messed up screen and I have to redo it

Does your monitor need drivers ? What kind of monitor is it ? Is it a flat panel, you can do something with hdtv support than i think. I don't have that problem, but i have to use overscan to make my screen fit ( it's to small ) But when i do that a lot of the screen ( not the desktop picture ) is outside of the monitor. Mean by that, that when i move a opened map or something i can drag it outside of the monitor screen. I have all my pictograms at the right place though. Also the menu bars are fitting the screen, how are yours ? Is catalyst automaticly running from the start of windows ? ( probably, it's doing that standard i believe )

Phamas

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
its a LG L226W Flatron

catalyst 11.6 has no problems

I've had this issue arise with various versions of catalyst. Whenever the screen goes black during the update and such, thats when it gets f'd up.

My start bar is all the way off to the left, I can click it but it comes up off the screen, you know?

IDK where to find monitor drivers :eek:

I fix it in Catalyst CC but the changes never stick after I open up a video game like Warcraft III or Diablo II etc...

http://www.pcpitstop.com/drivers/manufacturer/lg.html for example, it has drivers for lg l226W analog end digital drivers, so you'll have to figure out which one you have.
My monitor also has a digital and a analog version apperantly. I did install the first time the ( wrong ) digital version and had problems with the screen size, also when playing games. The picture was oke at the desktop but i did have to use overscan to fit full screen, also it kept on setting the res back to 50 hz in stead of 60. Some games though were at the smaller screen again and had to adjust the settings in catalyst while the game was running. After using the analog version drivers the game is at full screen from the start. So monitor drivers do matter sometimes. Not sure if it will fix your problem but who knows.
Also you can try using lcd overdrive ( if you allready didn't try that. )

Other driver sites
http://www.google.nl/search?q=LG+L226W+Flatron+drivers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:nl:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

Status
Not open for further replies.