How powerful of a system do i need to run seamless 1080p

Hello,
I have a dell inspiron 560 with windows 7 64 bit. 8GB ram, and a Nvidia ge210 Graphics card.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 2936 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

I use Vlc and for the life of me I cant play 1080p without lag.

Can anyone help me?
7 answers Last reply
More about powerful system seamless 1080p
  1. Have you enabled hardare acceleration in VLC? Also, what file format/container are you using?

That system (hardware-wise) should play most 1080p video formats without too much trouble. Sounds more like a configuration issue.

Last, are your video drivers up to date?
  2. bartle70 said:
    ... a Nvidia ge210 Graphics card.

I think I've found your bottleneck..the 210 is just barely above integrated graphics in terms of performance..
  3. clarkjd said:
    I think I've found your bottleneck..the 210 is just barely above integrated graphics in terms of performance..

While the 210 is definitely not a powerhouse, it is capable of playing 1080p when properly configured. We need to answer the previous questions before we declare the 210 as the problem. Agreed?
  4. COLGeek said:
    While the 210 is definitely not a powerhouse, it is capable of playing 1080p when properly configured. We need to answer the previous questions before we declare the 210 as the problem. Agreed?

Agreed. Always try to find a free or low-cost solution first.

I didn't notice that the OP was only trying to watch videos, I thought he was having issues gaming @1080P. My bad! :whistle:
  5. All the drivers are updated. I am using .mkv and x264 files. I downloaded KMPlayer and that helped some videos but not all, for example Tron Legacy Bluray.
  6. So, you are using VLC and KMPlayer for watching BD media? Or, are these converted files?
  7. Ok, try using this player.

http://mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html

Has really good Hardware Acceleration support. See if it suffers even in that.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Processors Graphics