Graphics problem on new rig

Hi all I'm new a new comer to this site been reading alot of reviews over last year or so and got lotta good advice form here, I'm now myself stuck at a problem I been having for 2 months on mu rig that I built, I been getting Vert lines when I watch movies and play games at first I thought it was my card I damaged (droped it ^^) so I got a new one just installed it and I'm getting the same issuse also my Blu-ray adviser is saying my card is not blu-ray ready :/, this is the system spec...
Intel i5 2500k
Asus Sabertooth mb
Sapphire HD6950 2gig (broken one was Colormaster HD 6950 2gig)
8gig 1600ddr3 ram
1TB hdd sata3
and bluray player
win7 64bit running eyefinity

any help or advice will be great :)
5 answers Last reply
More about graphics problem
  1. Quote:
    Colormaster HD 6950 2gig

Are you sure it's a Coolermaster HD 6950 ! CM isn't a GPU distributor you know.

Are you getting vertical lines and strange artifacts ?
    Check if your GPU is overheating.
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    Use the software I linked above ( HWMonitor) and check the temps.
    Usually it's a problem related with overheating, or it could either even be due to that the video card is dying.
  2. What kind of monitor?
  3. nuber11 said:
    Hi all I'm new a new comer to this site been reading alot of reviews over last year or so and got lotta good advice form here, I'm now myself stuck at a problem I been having for 2 months on mu rig that I built, I been getting Vert lines when I watch movies and play games at first I thought it was my card I damaged (droped it ^^) so I got a new one just installed it and I'm getting the same issuse also my Blu-ray adviser is saying my card is not blu-ray ready :/, this is the system spec...
    Intel i5 2500k
    Asus Sabertooth mb
    Sapphire HD6950 2gig (broken one was Colormaster HD 6950 2gig)
    8gig 1600ddr3 ram
    1TB hdd sata3
    and bluray player
    win7 64bit running eyefinity

any help or advice will be great :)

Ok first:

Newcomer = 1 word
    A lot = 2 words
    Dropped has 2 P's.

There's no such video card as Colormaster, either it's a PowerColor or Coolermaster. As far as I know Coolermaster does not make video cards.

So...have you installed the latest drivers for your HD6950 from AMD.com?

What monitors do you have?
  4. He said COLORmaster, not COOLERmaster :P Where does that brand come from?? Fisrt time I´ve heard of it, lol.
  5. ok lotta typos happens when drunk sorry for that, yes its powercolor one I droped, using 3 AOC e2343F 23' led's all the drivers are upto date and not its not overheating
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Blu-ray Graphics