Your question
Solved

Old PC problems!!

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Computers
Last response: in CPUs
February 13, 2012 11:51:32 PM

The other day I was trying to boot up my old computer and all I get is the cpu fan spinning like crazy(and the other fans) and a constant beeping noise. I made sure all my memory was in place and everything was connected right. I even took the memory and cables out and put them back and still no success. Then I take out my cpu and to my horror a single pin is missing. Does that have anything to do with the computer not booting up?? If the cpu is ruined then tell me how to tranfer my old hard drive to my new pc.

More about : problems

Best solution

a b à CPUs
February 13, 2012 11:58:32 PM

CPU is dead. Buy an enclosure for the hard drive (they are inexpensive), and use it as an external drive.
a c 152 à CPUs
February 13, 2012 11:58:34 PM

wl589 said:
The other day I was trying to boot up my old computer and all I get is the cpu fan spinning like crazy(and the other fans) and a constant beeping noise. I made sure all my memory was in place and everything was connected right. I even took the memory and cables out and put them back and still no success. Then I take out my cpu and to my horror a single pin is missing. Does that have anything to do with the computer not booting up?? If the cpu is ruined then tell me how to tranfer my old hard drive to my new pc.

It's probably either a memory problem or hardware problem. Is this a pre-built computer or homebuilt. Check your motherboard manual or manufactures website for more info. The number and length of the beeps will help you pin point the problem.
m
l
Related resources
February 14, 2012 12:05:55 AM

I think it's dead ill just transfer the hard drive to my new homebuilt PC.
m
l
June 27, 2012 9:45:33 PM

Best answer selected by wl589.
m
l
!