ASRock 970 Extreme 3 wont boot past bios

famicom95

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
I've been having a lot of problems with this motherboard, and a new problem just popped up yesterday.

My computer was booting up all fine, and I was able to use it, but then it started to act strangely. It boots completely fine in Bios but wont boot up past that. I cant boot from DVD or HDD. It has a black screen with a little line blinking on the top left corner when I try to boot up from the DVD drive or HDD. Oddly enough, It recognizes my HDD and DVD drive in bios. What can the problem be? A faulty motherboard? Bad bios settings? Do I need to update bios?

Thanks!

UETIAN

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
I had the same problem with this mainboard "ASRock 970 Extreme 3" plus FX-6300 and NVIDIA GT430 (1GD DDR3) + 8 GB RAM (2x4GB G.Skill).
Upon system start it has a black screen with a little line blinking on the top left corner, though I have connected HDD and DVD (through SATA connectors).
Then I reset the CMOS through jumper, and now it shows something like this:
DSC02734.jpg

famicom95

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Alright, my computer is now working. I unplugged the hard drive and dvd drive, put them in different slots, and then it started to work. It may not work for long though. I figured what i'll do is return this board because I've been having nothing but problems with it including usb and audio problems.

To uetian:

I have the same problem with the usb ports. The only thing that works, on mine at least, is a ps2 keyboard/mouse in bios.

Marcopolo123

Honorable

Also have this problem right now

UETIAN

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

I had to replace the motherboard. Went back to the shop and told the salesperson that MB has some problem, they simply tested it, and gave me a new 970 Extreme3. Everything works perfectly fine now.