Sandy Bridge: E mother board

jaymo33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
hey guys. any input would be helpful. I have around $3k to build a system for NLE with CS5.5 PPRO, AE, and PHOTOSHOP.

I'm debating the BFTB on 2600k i7 Sandybridge E or 3930k i7, X79 motherboard (need advice) or possibly the sabertooth P67 1155. GTX-580 3gb, plenty of ram.

Any feedback or suggestions on the MOBO/CPU combo would be appreciated.

I'm not editing HD video at this time; just SD about 30 min project times. Blistering Render times is not a must but would be helpful.

I also work with Photoshop to edit pics, and After Effects as well.

THanks.
J

yanjustin98

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
I honestly think that the Z68 platform would work well. Since you aren't (I think) going to be gaming, the i7 would probably be the CPU of choice. Might want to look at Gigabyte or AsRock Professional series motherboards for the Z68 motherboard. If you build the computer that you are, I 'm guessing you'll have a couple hundred dollars left (maybe). I mean, come one, who doesn't want some extra moneys?

serialkiller

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
if u are doing hd render some
time afterwards or more than an hour then i7 3930k is best option .it has a better future.
For mobo i like asus and i would recomend the sabertooth x79.very durable and lots of features.(actually love rog mobo but is insanely priced for usless features.
Graphic card 580 3gb is good but i doubt u will use that much ram.
If i was u i would not buy a graphic card like 580 its an overkill.i would buy like 560ti as cs5 have cuda support.
For ram u will 4x4 gb ram quad chan. Kit. Buy from any company like corsair,muskin,gskill,kingston.note: dont buy ram with those long heat spreaders they are useless and interfer with cpu cooler.
Case is very important cooler master,corsair make solid case and at last psu.
Never compromise with psu.corsair,seasonic and silverstone are way to go. 750 w 80+gold is what u need.

I would post some links after wards

TRENDING THREADS