PSP Launched at Walmart and how I made cash ;)

So I went to Walmart on the 23rd around 9pm to pick up a couple titles
before launch. I figured they might be gone on Thursday and EB would be to
crowded anyways to browse. So while there they asked if I wanted anumber for
1 of the 100 units they were going to sell. I said sure..... 10 times.... So
here I am 10 tickets laughing, figuring I'd hand them out to people.

Hell by the time 100 had been given out at 11:30pm there were 80 extra
people in the store.. I had offers of $50 a number, sheesh.

So call me stupid, I gave out 9 of the numbers and bought a unit extra
myself.... But looks like Sony has a hit, by 12:30am all Walmarts in Las
Vegas were bone dry on PSP's. I have 4 on hold at EB, one in my name and 1
in each kids name...

People saw me walking out who heard they were sold out, offfered me $350 for
it at walmart.... Now w/ tax etc it was like $270..... So, $80 profit, I
declined but damn had a train of people following me to my truck...

So I guess the bottom line is, I could have been a pirate and sold the
numbers and didn't, I could have sold the PSP for more and didn't.... Does
it make me stupid or a nice guy ;)

Anyways , Sony has a hit, people are going nuts in Las Vegas over it. Fry's
here has like 500 and no pre-orders should be insane.
..

"Kenner Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote in message

*snip*

It's just further evidence that people are really, really stupid.

--
This post brought to you by Dammitol.
Dammitol: We can't get rid of the stress,

"The Eternal Lost Lurker" <shirikage@shirigakure.ne.butt> wrote in message

> "Kenner Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote in message
>
> *snip*
>
> It's just further evidence that people are really, really stupid.

Speaking of stupid people, are you new here?

Mattinglyfan wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:

> "The Eternal Lost Lurker" wrote...
>>
>> "Kenner Costen" wrote...
>>
>> *snip*
>>
>> It's just further evidence that people are really, really stupid.
>
> Speaking of stupid people, are you new here?

Don't be too hard on ELL, Mattinglyfan. He tends to be just as annoying (to
some people, that is, but not me) over at his usual haunt
(rec.arts.anime.misc) when he's not making an erudite observation. :)

As for the OP, ugh... what he did is just like ticket scalping (except that
PSPs were involved instead of a sporting event*). It's a wonder the folks
at Wal-Mart didn't confiscate the tix and ask him to leave. :(

(*On second thought, don't all of these launch events actually seem like
sporting events, with people camping out for days before the official
launch, just to be one of the first [if not THE first] in line?)

--
Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA

"Glenn Shaw" <togusa@nospamcomnet.cast> wrote in message
> Mattinglyfan wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:
>
>> "The Eternal Lost Lurker" wrote...
>>>
>>> "Kenner Costen" wrote...
>>>
>>> *snip*
>>>
>>> It's just further evidence that people are really, really stupid.
>>
>> Speaking of stupid people, are you new here?
>
> Don't be too hard on ELL, Mattinglyfan. He tends to be just as annoying
> some people, that is, but not me) over at his usual haunt
> (rec.arts.anime.misc) when he's not making an erudite observation. :)
>
> As for the OP, ugh... what he did is just like ticket scalping (except
> that
> PSPs were involved instead of a sporting event*). It's a wonder the folks
> at Wal-Mart didn't confiscate the tix and ask him to leave. :(
>
> (*On second thought, don't all of these launch events actually seem like
> sporting events, with people camping out for days before the official
> launch, just to be one of the first [if not THE first] in line?)
>
> --
> Glenn Shaw . Indianapolis, IN USA

Heh I thought about getting an extra one and putting it up on Ebay, turns
out I liked it so much I gave it to my Sister as a birthday gift.

"Glenn Shaw" <togusa@nospamcomnet.cast> wrote in message
> Mattinglyfan wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:
>
>> "The Eternal Lost Lurker" wrote...
>>>
>>> "Kenner Costen" wrote...
>>>
>>> *snip*
>>>
>>> It's just further evidence that people are really, really stupid.
>>
>> Speaking of stupid people, are you new here?
>
> Don't be too hard on ELL, Mattinglyfan. He tends to be just as annoying
> some people, that is, but not me) over at his usual haunt
> (rec.arts.anime.misc) when he's not making an erudite observation. :)

Ok Glenn, I will "stall him out" on your recommendation.