Sign in with
Your question

Cheap HDMI Cable VS VGA

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 16, 2011 5:06:09 PM

Would it be worth me buying this cable off ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1506...
or should i just stick with vga?

would i notice a difference?

More about : cheap hdmi cable vga

a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2011 5:08:57 PM

What monitor are you using?

You wouldn't really notice any difference unless you were running at high resolutions that VGA doesn't support.
September 16, 2011 5:10:34 PM

Well right now, im stuck using my older lg tv that's 720p only.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2011 5:12:49 PM

In that case you wouldn't notice a boost in display quality, but you would however (supposing your GPU has a HDMI output) get both your video signal and an audio signal going to the TV using the same cable so you could use the TV speakers.
September 16, 2011 5:14:24 PM

It wouldn't be clearer or anything though? Right now it look's kind of blurry and hard to read smaller words.
a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2011 5:18:43 PM

It could possibly be slightly clearer since it is a digital signal as opposed to an analog one. But that is probably due the the lower refresh rate and resolution of the screen than anything.
September 16, 2011 5:20:33 PM

I'll give it a go, it's only 3$ what's the worst that could happen. Thank's for the info!
a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2011 5:23:16 PM

It really makes no difference if you buy a cheap HDMI cable or an expensive HDMI cable when it comes to short runs. HDMI is digital, so it will either work or won't. The only thing with a cheap cable is it might fall apart, but I highly doubt it.

VGA is analog, so you could have interference or degradation of the signal. I sorta doubt this is happening, but you never know.

For $5 I'd take the chance and see if it improves your picture quality.
a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2011 5:24:05 PM

Good luck!
!