Computer hesitation

Bumpab

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
I have a Gateway GT5670. I was having some hesitation issues during some minor game play so I decided to upgraded my video card to the new Radeon HD5450. Though I really like the dual monitor setup I still have the hesitation occurring during computer operations.
I took it to DataDoctors and they didn't find a hardware issue though it was really dirty. I had them clean it out and at least the harddrive doesn't spin up and down all the time as it did before cleaning.
The video card improved my Windows Experience from 3.3 to 4.4.

Any idea why I get this annoying hesitation. It doesn't matter when (first thing or later on) though it does seem to get worse the longer I leave the computer on. Restarting does not always reduce the hesitation.

Bumpab

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
micro-stuttering is as good of a term as anything else I suppose.
When something is supposed to happen all in sequence then the computer will do some of the things then hesitate then some more then hesitate, etc.

In some games you have to rotate a piece as it drops. My hesitation will not respond immediately but will lag behind sometimes completing the steps correctly.

Bumpab

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
Just regular computer games. And the problem existed before the card was put in. I thought it might help me diagnose the issue. I hasn't helped but I do have a duel monitor setup now which is nice.

Bumpab

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
Solitare when you win all the cards go up by suite and in order. There are periodic hesitations that don't occur on my other computer.
Scrabble in Facebook will stall while typing.
A Facebook game group call Mindjolt games has a game called Dr. Pills during play you can drop the pills straight down but they stall part way and then fall a split second later, then at the end of game; if you win, all the remaining pills are supposed to explode, pop like balloons but they don't all pop smoothly, there are several hesitations and some animation is lost.
I'll try typing a letter repeatedly and seeing if there is a lag.

Bumpab

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
I tried typing a half page of pppppppppppppppppppppppp and I did not see any hesitation for half a page of typing. Not sure if that means anything. I'm positive that I would have seen the hesitation in a game during that same time.

Bumpab

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
GAteway 5670 AMD Phenom 8400 triple core 2.10
3 GB ram
32 bit

300 GB 183 GB free,
defrag: I haven't loaded or unloaded a lot of applications. It says "Your file system performance is good. You do not need to defragment at this time.

I started volume check.

Bumpab

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
Volume check upon restart apparently reported no errors as it did not give me a report when Windows restarted. Do you know where I can check the report?

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2