Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Soundwave 7.1 slow-motion audio

Last response: in Components
Share
February 14, 2012 5:10:25 AM

Hello all,

I have a siig soundwave 7.1 pci sound card and all the sounds are played in slow motion. Has anyone encountered the same problem or know how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.
February 14, 2012 7:02:17 AM

Are you playing the music from a USB stick or a 1TB + HDD?
m
0
l
February 14, 2012 7:07:53 AM

Check your sampling rate both on the card and the media player you're using. Think of it like "framerate" but for sound. If the sounds are, for example, 48 KHz and the soud card is set up for 44,1 KHz, then it's like playing the sound on lower "frames" per second, so it sounds slower.

If that's not the case, try switching PCI clots. Maybe there is a conflict with another device, your sound card shares resources with it and runs slower.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 14, 2012 10:33:37 PM

alyoshka said:
Are you playing the music from a USB stick or a 1TB + HDD?


no i am not. It play slowmoition for all the sounds evern the log in for windows.
m
0
l
February 14, 2012 10:34:24 PM

fixxxer113 said:
Check your sampling rate both on the card and the media player you're using. Think of it like "framerate" but for sound. If the sounds are, for example, 48 KHz and the soud card is set up for 44,1 KHz, then it's like playing the sound on lower "frames" per second, so it sounds slower.

If that's not the case, try switching PCI clots. Maybe there is a conflict with another device, your sound card shares resources with it and runs slower.



i switched the sample rate and nothing happened. i dont have any available pci slots
m
0
l
February 15, 2012 12:59:58 AM

Try updating the driver and if thats not it, it does have a 5 yr warranty
m
0
l
February 15, 2012 5:49:44 AM

popatim said:
Try updating the driver and if thats not it, it does have a 5 yr warranty


Yup, Google around a bit to see if others have had the same issue and resolved it, try a couple of different driver versions and if nothing works, return it if you can.

Check with siig's support also. This could be a known issue to them and they might have a solution.
m
0
l
!